What was that Cannondale???

Mother Hucker

Dirt Disciple
I need another project and remember lusting in my youth after a strange cannondale with a 26 in front and 24 in rear!

I think the idea was it went downhill better?!?

Anyone know the model name as I would like to track one down for a resto. job...

Thanks

Steve

thanks...

should have remembered first flight!!! knew I'd seen one online before.

might need to sell a kirk to fund finding/getting one...

Oh all those bikes we should have bought at the time, but never had the money to!

Thanks

Steve

I don't know what you mean!!! :shock:

They say you are only as old as you feel.....

I feel about SEVENTY most days!!!

:? :? :?

Mother Hucker":1673h376 said:
I need another project and remember lusting in my youth after a strange cannondale with a 26 in front and 24 in rear!

I think the idea was it went downhill better?!?

Anyone know the model name as I would like to track one down for a resto. job...

Thanks

Steve

Check out page 25 -- SM700 http://sanaandterry.com/cannondale/year/1986/1986.pdf

Theory was shorter wheelbase and chainstays for better climbing.

The first C'dales were built with a 24" rear wheel and a high bottom bracket. C'dale thought that it was better for climbing and for technics riding. In 1984, there were only this geometry, the year after, you could have the option with a 24" rear wheel or 26" rear wheel. They stop the rear 24" wheel in 1989, and the geometry with the high BB became the best of the east.

I've got a 1886 SM700 with suntour parts and a 1988 SM600, the last 'dale built with a litte rear wheel
ladansedescannons3xt4.gif

Can you show us pictures and give us more details (groupo, color…)

Back