My 6 year Old Daughters Pink Bike

Mother Hucker

Dirt Disciple
hello,

The bike is great for her but the brakes on it were shocking and just would NOT hold a decent position. plus the levers were 'toss'...

Shopped a bit for replacements and decided on an HS11, found a cheap set on t'ebay and fitted the rear....

I figure whatever bike she has next will have less stopping power and the HS11's will just move to the next bike, so hopefuly a good upgrade...

Only fitting the Rear for now as there is just too much spare hose on the front and also I fear it would be a tad TOO much stopping power for a tiny girl and her pink bike!!!

I did worry that it may rip the frame apart, but small bike and child exerts small forces.... ok as long as she stays off the gravel when braking , she has learned that already!

Steve

Let me think, o wait I see!

You mounted some Phill Wood hubs, laced on some flyweight (but still bumbproof) titanium rims. You also replaced the innertubes with some notube rimtape and rimtape. The three peace crank is a one off from profile, with a KMC chain and Phill Wood freewheel cog. The "Chris King" is rubbed off the headset. And last but not least, you install a Magura HS 33 "limited kid bike" edition. Nice!

But to english up a dutch saying: "with al the madness on a stick": I love the color!

cheers!

PS: I hope you have some tires in stock, with all that stopping power in the rear that girl will skid her way around.

;)

well done..
difficult one wasn't it!

Seems over the top I know, but the brakes will move to the next bike as the stock brakes on any next bike she has are likely to be kak also.

thanks

Back