East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

perry":6d5zhnco said:
ive just had a play and noticed all the ring bolts were loose . and the crank bolts are xlite alloy Shocked

I've had nothing but strouble with alloy crank and chainring bolts - they always work themselves loose. One way around the alloy crank bolts issue is to tighten up the cranks with steel ones, then remove them now the cranks are on tight and put in the alloy ones for show.

just a quicky,im of round clipstone tomorrow after work for a blast round kerschaereerrrr trail around 6ish if anybody else fancies a blast? :D

I *might* be able to. I'll find you in the car park around 6, but don't wait for me. I'll be there from around 5.30 if I'm going to come.

orange71":2dapo67e said:
I *might* be able to. I'll find you in the car park around 6, but don't wait for me. I'll be there from around 5.30 if I'm going to come.

cool :D

Ahhh, I see, a rucksack with a plastic bag full of water in it

Nicely put :) That's just saved me £50 :D

Longun: Sorry can't do Tuesday, pass out arranged for Wednesday.

Perry: Still on for your loop. Let me know where you want to meet and at what time. Can probably make either 6.00 or 6.30.

Ed: Just picked up your earlier post with the Youtube clip. Congrats to all.

yep . is the dirty duck ok ?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&saf ... 9403748206

theres a bit that goes under the a607 and its permanently wet/muddy

ive changed everything on the kona :LOL: i removed the headset as the lower bearing had seized , was cleaning it and it disintegrated :LOL: but the cane creak uses the same sealed bearing as an fsa i had so was swapped . i put in a layback post but its slightly undersize so i need to get one , does 26.6 sound right ? put a charge spoon on but cant understand why everyone sweats their balls over them , i dont like it . ive worked out the bar/stem so just need to get those bits . other than that its just finishing polishing the cables

im not sure if a gold frame with gold and polished bits looks good or not :? at least i decided what colour its going to be before i got it :LOL:

Back