The Official MM 2009 Aftermath Thread

Surfr":28srgbap said:
What is this post editing that you are all talking about? Is it only available to moderators or something? The best I can do is quote someone!

yes , use the quote button .

superstrong":9auakafs said:
Did he propose to never do that again?!

Grand weekend, again failed to do any night laps tho...next year!

Thanks for all the support for the 1st lap antics, will have to request proposals to top that for next year. Sorry, ruling out solo on the Overburys before anybody gets any ideas. Big respect to the chap who was out on the retro BMX in the helmet and chin strap. I bet he really enjoyed his lap....

Highlight of the weekend? Jvs mums food supplies.

lots and lots of picture of that first lap on line .

The current thinking is that we tied on the number of laps both teams managed (19), but on elapsed time, the Kit Kats appear to have completed theirs in less...

We await the official results with baited breath!

Mr K

PS. We have several grounds for appeal mind, should the statistics go against us... ;-)

Coffee all over my monitor, great stuff Superstrong, all those serious faces and then you!

IMG_7119.jpg

Fantastic weekend, really enjoyed myself.

Thank you to every Retrobiker who turned up, it made the event so special to be amongst friends, even when you've only put a username to a face minutes before.

Special thanks to the sports casuals teams lead by Max and Neil. The teams and the captains gave everything and this was reflected in huge tally of laps completed (believed to be 18 or 19 by both teams).

My favourite memory is my first lap. I rode the entire course including the Kenda climb and had a good dual around the lap with ti-fat (one of many retrobikers I was delighted to meet during the weekend).

The low point for me was my night lap, it rained and the course turned to grease, I crashed twice and smashed my brand new just out the box helmet on a low branch. To top it off I knew Mr. K was hunting me down in the darkness behind me, with his bourbon pride spurring him on.

I think I was most impressed by the organisation of the whole event. I've been to many other race meeting and never before had facilities like free showers c/w shower gel, free bike washes and free technical support, absolutely fantastic.

Biggest disappointment was discovering that the easy route was about 5 minutes and a climb shorter than the demanding hard route. Wish I’d of known that on my first couple of laps, especially the night lap when I cart wheeled the Raleigh down it!

I must also congratulate the hecklers out on the course. Taunts of "Blood retrobikers. It's like riding with lepers, bits falling off all over the place" and my favourite of the weekend directed at me on my Raleigh in my Raleigh riding gear "It's David Baker, he's let his conditioning go hasn't he!". Generally though there was a great deal of support and encouragement out on the track for the retro riders.

Final mention must go to the Retrobike stand. What a success that was, so many bikes were brought for display that those volunteering to run it were constantly rearranging the stand to accommodate them. The bikes were beautifully displayed and many of the bikes simply breathtaking.

I'm sure I’ll be seeing you all again next year for more Mayhem.

Absolutely great weekend!...... still on a high today, my workmates are probably bored to hell with my stories but are secretly wishing they were there! :D

Good to see you all and put many faces to names.

Big thanks to Mr k for inviting me along, retroking#1 for accepting me into the warm bosom of team 'Kitkat', and sinnett177 for waking me up for my night lap.... probably not the best picture to see after finishing a very slippery night lap!

Glad that spotted orange helmet cover went to a well deserved home too!

Joolz dymond never takes any photos of me at events.... this must have been something special!......check out the focused 'gurn' as we'd call it suffolk' way

Cheers y'all..... in the words of westwood "bring on the big dogggggg!!!"

boy"O"boy

(Ben)

Attachments

• Mountainmayhem2009red.jpg
    Mountainmayhem2009red.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 1,736
  • MM2430_boyOboy.jpg
    MM2430_boyOboy.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,581
Interesting to meet you all again.

As with so many others, was well happy with the weekend until 2pm when the rain turned parts of the track to grease. I had optimistically fitted semi-slicks to my bike when it looked like the track had dried out and as a result I rode my 3rd lap 2 minutes faster than my second, but when the rain came down for my fourth lap I lost 20 minutes! At one point, the bike turned a full 180 degrees and I was sliding backwards down a hill watching the guy following me panic :) Serves me right, I'll never change tyres to 'suit conditions' again.

I think the 'Old farts' managed 18 laps?

Back