1988 Peugeot Cannonball Express FULLY RESTORED IN 2008

clockworkgazz":38a96y2s said:
love the bike and esp the pictorial record- great to see so history with a bike- must have been cold camping in Isreal- did it a few times when I was in the negev '94.

Yes, cold in the night but I had a good down bag. But even still there was one night that I couldn't keep my feet warm. Didn't sleep much that night. Some of this desert, the Negev, is 900 meters and some of it is only 50 meters elevation. The low desert is much warmer throughout the whole season. You should go back there now. The Israelis have gotten the riding bug-white line fever! Good for them.

Iwasgoodonce":316qng1h said:
I really like seeing these older bikes. It's interesting to see the little details that didn't evolve. On this one, are the braze ons for the shoulder pad a Peugeot specific feature?

Back then I think that this little detail was an invention of the early developers who went out on some rides and found out that they really NEEDED to carry the bike over or around some obstacle. I haven't used it in years. I think it was not specific to Peugeot.

Back