The Official MM 2009 Aftermath Thread

Jeez thats a big gut on me. Sorry again Daj!

Here's what I took. Again, not very many. Too busy enjoying ourselves I fear.
How to fit a bike In an RX8
3648239824_117155d2ca_b.jpg

RetroVillage:
3648242356_e8ee112d75_b.jpg

KitKats team briefing:
3648243706_f1b1617750_b.jpg

Banter:
3647441161_d3b1e446ea_b.jpg

More Banter:
3648251006_a7eb22c0cb_b.jpg

Bit More Banter
3648253494_4ac9f09e99_b.jpg

Nobby seconds before Kenda Climb
3647449565_bf25be663c_b.jpg

EdEdwards solo singlespeeding and wondering who the hell was heckling him from the bushes.
3647451501_00e194e371_b.jpg

3647453799_58d710cf35_b.jpg

3647456133_21ac705431_b.jpg

Remaining RetroBikers at the finish line for some last minute heckling:
3647458647_844dfcbe54_b.jpg

Aww they all came home together:
3648267084_d40a2b5a27_b.jpg

3647463205_36161549dd_b.jpg

Great week end guys .

managed to get lost on way home , :oops:

my legs and back really hurting .

What an event !

I was in spectator and about the stand mode on Saturday day time, was great to meet all you guys face to face. A great stand with a mixed varity of retro steeds on full display, So many passers by were gobsmacked by the bikes on full display.

My higlight was the start, Le-mans style with a 1/2 mile run to the bikes, Geoff, was in my eyes the star with a marathon perfomance runto the bike in jeans, tshirt, ancient bell crash helmet, curly wig and stick on moustache to ride past the retro bike stand in 3rd place on the brown bullet was a moment I will never forget for the rest of my life :cool:

The next highlight was as the wave of riders were riding past (way after Geoff) Heathy was hot on the heckling with the famous chants of Granny rings are for loozers , go on Giant Man, Use the hill and for me the best was "Go on Beard"( for Heathy to get big doggings by this rather scary beardy bloke) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The 1st picture here was the only one I got of Geoff as he was so bloody quick, Check the foot out ;) I know Jonnyboy has some great pics

June2009022.jpg

June2009025.jpg

June2009020.jpg

June2009019.jpg

June2009012.jpg

June2009018.jpg

June2009008.jpg

June2009014.jpg

Great weekend, managed to return home exhausted without even riding... Good to meet the peeps and catchup with old friends..

I have quite a few pics to upload, these two are a taster..

Geoff doing his Ritchey impression
main.php

Simod stylin it on the Ti mega at the bottom of the tricky descent
main.php

what a fantasic weekend! :D awsome to meet everyone, i knackered and i need to get to bed ready for work at 6am tomorrow so i've done a couple of pics and i'll load the rest to facebook then do a link, i think these are some of the best but i'll post some others tomorrow, i have some riding pics of gump, mck, stevepsd, simod, ededwards and maybe a few more but i can't remember coz my sunburnt head is killing me!!! :LOL:

here's a taster!! :D

edit, sorry i thought geoff was "gump" apologies to superstrong!!

Attachments

• downhill gump!.jpg
    downhill gump!.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 4,116
  • gump on the bike!.jpg
    gump on the bike!.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 4,116
  • gump on the run!.jpg
    gump on the run!.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 4,116
few more! :D

Attachments

• gump on the kenda climb.jpg
    gump on the kenda climb.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 4,113
  • ededwards, the first of many laps!.jpg
    ededwards, the first of many laps!.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 4,113
  • ededwards hero of the weekend!.jpg
    ededwards hero of the weekend!.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 4,113
I think that's actually Geoff (Sperstrong) in the jeans and wig rather than Gump. Another nice one of him here too http://www.robcrayton.co.uk/osmm09.htm plus promise of more photos there later.

A few thoughts from the weekend from my perspective:

- awesome Retrobike stand, loads of quality old metal and great interest from the general public (gets better year on year)

- the weather was fantastic, warm and dry apart from a little lightish rain overnight

- the course was more benign than in previous years (although I of course walked parts)

- the 'Mince' route was shorter than the 'Hard' route and thus, to my mind at least, the racing line

- "Ed, you're so bloody slow your bike was current when you set off"

- despite the clement weather parts of the course remained very sticky, would have been a nightmare in bad weather

- top marks to John for sorting out the new Retrobike kit from Endura, top quality gear and really looks the part.

Finally thanks to all who helped/gave me kit and food - sadly too many to list in case I forget anyone but you all really, really helped (as did Heathy who woke me at 2 a.m. to see if I was ok because it was raining - I don't believe anyone who claims that he was making the "rain").

:LOL: Indeed that is Superstrong/Geoff, not I!

I am the one that looks like I am kissing my hand at the RB stand in above pic.

Was again a great weeked, it does get better! Some thoughts...

- The dedication and motivation of riders this year was great. Think all teams there at the end :cool:

- It always rains on Chris2Lou at night. In future, avoid these times to stay dry

- Putting the burger van so close to our tents was a cheap shot by the organisers to fatten up the RB squads

- There were loads of new to me RB people turn up for this :)

- Superstrong was born in the wrong era. That look suits him

- I am sick of bloody energy food and drink. My guts will never be the same

- I cant believe how few mechanicals there were for such old tat on the course ;)

- The support for RB when riding round is amazing. Its becoming a cult

- Stand looked ace. Best ever.

- I feel battered.

- The mince route was great fun and faster too. Go figure. If Nicky Craig's a mincer, so am I

- New RB shorts looked the part. Bit concerned on the see through white..:shock: but looks like they will be fine

- Remember to put the transponder on when you get up :roll:

Looking forward to more pics :)

What were the RB teams/solo lap tally in the end?

Back