East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

I did manage a ride but it was local - glorious weather, as you say. Plus I was fuelled up on bread pudding and caffeine from earlier in the day when we'd had to get up at crack of dawn for the dancing competition (she got a gold medal! Here's her video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJLd5pc2WHo)

I can recommend it as fuel! :LOL: I was flying!

perry":3rtk3e15 said:
well i now own a kona again :p

went to the pines with the mrs , didnt take a bike with me as i was getting this one on the way . ended up going around the green route brakeless :LOL: hadnt been around the green route before so i had to throw down some speedway stylee around a couple corners

at one point while waiting for the other half to catch up i wondered what the lap record for the green would be :LOL: then i thought it would be interesting to set a record brakeless . then i saw 2 guys out for a ride , if i was on my lonesome i wouldave given chase :p

What time were you there? I did get there tonight but by the time I'd mobilised the kids it was 6.30pm

Do you like the bike?

orange71":2ox5pclq said:
I can recommend it as fuel! :LOL: I was flying!

Ok, did the full Kitchener tonight, rigid single speed in 58 minutes timed on a stop watch.

That is my final time as I am now retiring from timing myself and making my life a misery ;) I certainly wasn't flying though...

its a lot lighter . i might have to change the post , i like a lot of layback and the ti use one is inline :( . i dont like long stems either so ill be seeing what the deal is there and going for something a lot shorter

i didnt ask but i guess dan sold or is keeping the brakes . wasnt a hindrance really . brakes only slow you down :p :LOL:

i need one of those dog collar things and ive got a feeling they arnt cheap

perry":1zdo6xqt said:
its a lot lighter . i might have to change the post , i like a lot of layback and the ti use one is inline :( . i dont like long stems either so ill be seeing what the deal is there and going for something a lot shorter

i didnt ask but i guess dan sold or is keeping the brakes . wasnt a hindrance really . brakes only slow you down :p :LOL:

i need one of those dog collar things and ive got a feeling they arnt cheap

Whats a dog collar?

Dog collar, mule...it's all going a bit animal magic :shock:

isnt that what theyre called :? if it isnt then it should be

ive got a nice set of Vs i was going to put on anyway , ive just got to harvest a pair of levers from a bmx and the blue trailstar . infact i can see me stealing a lot of parts from the blue trailstar . i considered cantis but i got this to race and i cant be dealing with the hassle of cantis and the extra bits of cable plus im going to save up for a eno hub and as velo pointed out at ssuk09 when you tension the chain the pads need resetting

i was there about 7.30 , just a pootle along the green . there is a nice downhill swoopy bit . leads to a sharp right hander so had to scrub off a lot of speed :LOL:

the thing that goes around the seat tube to hold the cable

ive just had a play and noticed all the ring bolts were loose . and the crank bolts are xlite alloy :shock:

Back