Retro bikes in a non-retro world

rumpfy":ze1kkryf said:
I've always found joy in out riding (especially out descending) modern high dollar bikes...especially the bling'ed out full sussys.

Last local race I was at I had a few people stop and take pictures.

I'm racing on vintage bikes all season this year. Why not. :cool:
dang dude, july 2005 and only 3 post. professional lurker.bust with some pics.

hollister":1f9qtkh5 said:
rumpfy":1f9qtkh5 said:
I've always found joy in out riding (especially out descending) modern high dollar bikes...especially the bling'ed out full sussys.

Too many forums, not enough time. :p

Here's from our last local race.
1992 Slingshot single speed with WTB dirt drops.

I got my ass kicked. :p

IMG_0253.jpg

for the record

rumpfy":fosjnmsg said:
hollister":fosjnmsg said:
rumpfy":fosjnmsg said:

Too many forums, not enough time. :p

Here's from our last local race.
1992 Slingshot single speed with WTB dirt drops.

I got my ass kicked. :p

IMG_0253.jpg

not the one the cat puked on :LOL:

I recall the first time I took out my RM Summit out on a group ride with our local guys. We went up some nice trails near the german border. I've had the Summit for a few months at that point already, but I rebuild it and made it rideable with me knowning it all is save and sound. Two picked up the bike 'heavy', 'old', 'klunky gears', 'lucky for you we will be doing quite some climbing and decending today...', oh yeah, feel the irony.

It was a great day weather-wise and great in the way that those comments actually boosted my moral. It turned out to be one of my best rides during last year. They where impressed that this 'heavy' bike with 'klunky gears' could stand up to our 'modern day' riding (for as much thats worth something...).

I don't race that much. Once in a while I enter a race or two per year. Last few years these where singlespeed races, which I rode on my Breezer Storm with Dirt Drops. We had some races we organised our selfs, between geared racers. The fact we all rode with one gear ratio freaked out a lot of dutch folks. Aside that the appearance of my Breezer raised a few eye brows to say the least. Some thought it was a CX bike, others recognized the 'Breezer' name and others just thought it must be old or else pretty gay, with that color... :roll:

ONKSS1b.jpg

Jeroen":2r01og4r said:
Hey Rumpf.. next time; crank on the inside of the corner up please ;)

Unless he's powering through the turn at which point its ok.

Also looks like the course is marked with bog roll.....

Wu-Tangled":2qqpn7aw said:
And we all go out and they are all riding discs and 100mm + travel forks and full sussers and I still keep up downwards (and try not to snigger as I go past upwards). :)

So does that mean that your buddies are rather ordinary or your trails aren't too technical?? ;)

Back