Klunkerz Trailer Here...

Argg...

stood inline for an hour in 15 degree weather to get turned away at the door. Film festival passholders and their friends they "got in" filled the place up before the general admission could even get a chance.

Lame.

ameybrook":xx5arch7 said:
Argg...

stood inline for an hour in 15 degree weather to get turned away at the door. Film festival passholders and their friends they "got in" filled the place up before the general admission could even get a chance.

Lame.

Ahem, not being one to overstep the boundaries of forum friendship, but If I was you, I'd be PM'ing 'Repack Rider' and trying to wiggle your way into the 'inner sanctum' here whilst all the greats are in town!

Being cheeky can often reap huge benefits :)

As I stroll around Durango, I see a lot of mountain bikes that you guys would die for. Here are a few, and as I see others I will take more pix.

Notice a couple of things about the Marin Pine Mountain. It still has the original reflectors on the wheels and front and rear of the frame, which are required by law on new bikes, but which everyone throws away as soon as they get home with the new bike. This bike was not even locked up.

The Raleigh MountainTour looks to be about 1984, from the Suntour Power Shifter and the Bullmoose bars.

Attachments

• Raleigh_2.jpg
    Raleigh_2.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 4,680
  • Raleigh_1.jpg
    Raleigh_1.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 4,680
  • MarinBike.jpg
    MarinBike.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 4,680
Here are a couple of Yetis that I saw in the bike shop pictured above.

That's a Lawwill rear suspension.

Until I looked at the photo, I didn't realize that I parked the red one in front of what looks to be a poster signed by John Tomac.

Attachments

• Yeti_2.jpg
    Yeti_2.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 4,677
  • Yeti_1.jpg
    Yeti_1.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 4,677
While walking back to the hotel fom a TV interview, we found this immaculate 1991 Fisher bike (with chain unshipped).

So Gary and I posed with it.

Attachments

• FisherBike_2.jpg
    FisherBike_2.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,985
  • FisherBike_1.jpg
    FisherBike_1.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 1,985
Found this underappreciated Trek ca. 1987. Note the Tange fork and tubing, the brass cut out headbadge.

Attachments

• Trek_2.jpg
    Trek_2.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 1,982
  • Trek_1.jpg
    Trek_1.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 1,982

Latest posts

Back