East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

:D Welcome back.

What kind of rally car? I've a friend who developed a watch business that co-drivers seem to favour (Astopwatch). He spends half the year on the world rally circuit. Calls it work :roll:

Catch up with you next week no doubt.

rc200ti":14yql2gd said:
:D Welcome back.

What kind of rally car? I've a friend who developed a watch business that co-drivers seem to favour (Astopwatch). He spends half the year on the world rally circuit. Calls it work :roll:

Catch up with you next week no doubt.

Its a Mk2 Astra - only 1400cc but was hitting 6500rpm in 5th on the long straight in Sherwood Pines and close to it elsewhere. Thats around 105mph! Heres a photo from SS2 last weekend - in Birklands forest. It is FWD but I guess I got the back-end out a bit too much!

AstraDukeries.jpg

The car came up on Ebay are the right price, spent some money getting it ready for the rally and now decided to spend a bit more to get it properly sorted with my "old" engine properly rebuilt and various other good bits.

Rang the bikeshop and the forestry office today about my wheel, no sign I'm afraid...

With no front wheel maybe nows the times to de-commission the Cinder Cone for respray and major refit...

I'm thinking cream like Perry's Trailstar with baby blue logo colour, then everything else black...

Thats around 105mph

:shock: That's even quicker than Ed or Perry on a good day :!:

Mat: Sorry the wheel didn't turn up. What forks will you use? I've fettled the wooden bike, dropped the wheels and raised and layed back the saddle. Looks great. Beautifully built. Will post a pic if I remember.

Yes, it was just Rob, me and Colin who's the guy I got lost with at the Pines. My mate Simon turned up, but went for a run as he's a bit under the weather. He needed to give me a bit of kit, otherwise he'd have run at home!

It was a bit wet to start, but improved as the ride went on. Ride finished with a fine pint and pork scratchings at the local 16th century pub :D To be repeated definitely. Rob avoided falling face first in the mud at Cherry Tree cottage this time (unlike last Saturday's ride) :LOL:

I've got Weds 1st July chalked in as a date for the next Ticknall ride, another friend of mine wants to ride this route and that's the only date he has free currently. Allcomers welcome again :D

Are you feeling back on full strength now Matt?

orange71":3gtbld8g said:
Are you feeling back on full strength now Matt?

Glad it was a good ride. I stood in my garden at 8.30, looking at the sunset, thinking 'lucky buggers'!

Not really, It's just a sinus/cold but it keeps coming and going, did the Kitchener tonight in 1hr8 which is 11 minutes slower than two weeks ago :cry:

It'll go eventaully but I just want to get out and ride :x :x

Rob avoided falling face first in the mud at Cherry Tree cottage this time (unlike last Saturday's ride)

Rob had avoided mentioning this episode......the bike's fine :cool:

Yes it was a good ride. Started off wet but ended up with that clear strong low light. I really hope that when you do get here the weather is bright and dry. Almost worth adjourning to the pub until the perfect riding conditions prevail, no matter how many Wednesday's it takes.

I've sussed that Ed's regular tweaking and fettling stops are simply to allow me to take on oxygen without feeling pathetic.

Good weather for you lot if at the Pines this evening, and I'm up for Perry's loop next week, with Ticknall the week after. :D

maybe it was swine flu - they say 2 out of 3 people who have it don't realise it - they just think they're under the weather or have a cold... :shock: there you go, see, you've had it now, nothing to worry about :D

orange71":2w626op4 said:
maybe it was swine flu - they say 2 out of 3 people who have it don't realise it - they just think they're under the weather or have a cold... :shock: there you go, see, you've had it now, nothing to worry about :D

If only it was that glamourous. I think I caught it at Disneyland Paris so maybe I could sue ;)

Back