Koga Milka Panther

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Roy aka yo-eddy picked a Milka Panther for me up yesterday. Thx Yo! ;) It is this:

89TerraRunner800.jpg

1989 TerraRunner - it has the seat still in place btw!

It is a very good bike. It has a frame like my 1988 ValleyRunner that I always ride very hard, as can be seen in the pic ;)

ikkeracend800h.jpg

The TerraRunner will also accompany me on many many rides.

Frame nicely made out of Hardtlite FM-1 triple butted spiral spline tubing. It looks most like Columbus SLX, but with the splines at every end and with thinner walls.

The upgrade lays in that I now have the modern advanced stuff like HyperGlide, new for 1989. Moreover as the ValleyRunner was the most economical model in Kogas 1988 line up, it came with Exage Mountain groupset. With the exception of the hubs, they were from Sansin Jp. The groupset always served me well -really well actually, as I never had any trouble-, but with the new TerraRunner comes a complete Deore groepset that uses more metal for the finishing, what is more pleasing to the eye.

The TerraRunner is the model directly under the 'yellow panther' RidgeRunner. I am still busy with the resto of one. The RR uses the same tubing, but has shorter stays and a fork (lugged, brazed) with less rake, making the bike more nimble. It is the frame HBall wun the DH World with.

Mmmm...panther, lovely spots!

Melvin, you share the most unusual bikes, always a joy to see what comes creeping forth from your stable next.

Can't wait to see an action shot of the purple panther. Make sure you wear those sporty white canvas shoes too :p

cheers,

rody

Tommy, were you the seller of this awesome piece? Or should I say 'seller'

Yo Eddy did some major cleaning and made some pics :cool: ➡️

terra_1800.jpg

terra_2800.jpg

I think I have ALL reason to be VERY happy :!: :D

Elev12k":bugfp5dh said:
Tommy, were you the seller of this awesome piece? Or should I say 'seller'
Not the seller.
I also saw this "awful" piece of junk on Marketplace, just after you.
Elev12k also":bugfp5dh said:
I think I have ALL reason to be VERY happy
I know it for sure.

Is that the Deore II group?

Tommy

I scanned the specs ➡️

89TerraRunnerspecs700.jpg

Few more pics from the '89 brochure:

'88 RidgeRunner in skilift in Canada ➡️
89RRskilift700.jpg

Spline areas shown on a roadframe ➡️
89FM1SpiralSpline700.jpg