Retrobike on MTBR

i say let them offer their retro stuff on here.
if we all stick together, and tell them the retro parts market is in decline, we should get some bargains! ;)
you only have to read some of the replies to jez's trimble posting on stw to realise that we are in a exclusive club as forum members and retro fans.
most regular mtb riders think old gear is naff.
i for one am proud to be a forum member! :D

I don't care how much someone else does or does not ride.

I am quite nippy down hill and on the flat but am rubbish at climbing. I am trying to train and get better at it but hey! If I walk up so what, at least I am out. That's my 'thing'.

If someone else's 'thing' is building showroom spec concours bikes and keeping them warm and dry, never to dirty their Porcs then I'm pleased for them.

If someone else's 'thing' is riding a 9" travel engineless motorcycle over man made terrain and then getting a lift to the top good for them, at least etc. etc. etc.

Let them poke fun if they want (maybe that was not the intent). Imagine the price of XT short cage mechs if we all were the same. ;)

Couldnt give a duck to be honest.

Far more people interested and praise than people who dislike or are negative.

For example...the response I got from riding the Yo around at the last SSMM was a little bewildering...

:p

jez-2-many-bikes":3st9m14b said:
Couldnt give a duck to be honest.

Far more people interested and praise than people who dislike or are negative.

For example...the response I got from riding the Yo around at the last SSMM was a little bewildering...

:p

just outta total curiosity, what were people saying jez?

I was going to have enchilads and tacos, but went for a chicken madras instead. I live 2 minutes away from a Marks and Spencers 'Simply Food' store, which is deadly.

They also do a rather nice Merlot, which is why I'm still typing, when in fact I probably shouldn't have replied to this topic in the first place.. :?

Back