Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

That is the competition - mine wasn't. I'm fairly certain they were the same year. Do you have the rest of the brochure? I found the videos by the way - I may edit something up for later.

MikeWarner":2s8t9luj said:
Do you have the rest of the brochure?

I wish :LOL: It was last seen 5 years ago and I've moved twice since then....maybe It got binned, maybe it will surface again one day. A lot of things have happened to my brain cells since 1991 but I only recall one Conquest that year :?

I bought a Zaskar in summer '93 and had the Conquest for at least a year before that. I also remember buying the Conquest cheap as the following years replacement had come out. It must have been a 1991. Pretty sure there were two that year too. Also, I have video of me riding it - the video is dated 1992. Maybe a 1990? - not sure they did the square tubes that early though. you may have to dig out the catalogue after all! lol

I've taken a screen grab from the video - this wasn't the original colour though.
conquest.jpg

I have bits of video of me riding it in the original colours, but a couldn't find a point to screen grab - need to see it moving really to be able to see it.

I was driving from Horndean in Hampshire to Chichester in Sussex yesterday through some fantastic countryside. Saw a couple of mountain bikers chatting to each other at the start of a trail and just caught a glimpse of the woman rider's bike -- a Saracen in the same dark metallic grey as mine and same style decals but with a 'female' frame (sloping top-tube).

I assumed that it must have been another Sahara -- I don't think that Saracen made a female version of anything else in their range.

Wasn't the dark metallic grey a Tufftrax? I thought Saharas were red?
My '92 Tuffrax was a metallic grey.
Need the rest of the '92 catalogue :(

legrandefromage":1qh1k7d1 said:
Red or....? What man! What??? I need closure!
:D :cool:

I was going to wait until I had put the grips and bar ends on (and snipped the cables) before I put a piccy of my Sahara in this thread. Guess it's too late now... :roll:

neilll":21ddt3n1 said:
MikeWarner":21ddt3n1 said:
Maybe a 1990? - not sure they did the square tubes that early though.

No e-stay in 1990 AFAIK....the plot thickens :LOL:
IIRC in 91 I got a Traverse Hydrotech comp in white because I couldn't afford the Conquest in --------------------------------------------- wait for it ----------------------------------------a horrible orangy brown colour.and yes Neill the e-stays were only 91 & 92 ;) AFAIK :LOL:

Back