Pace RC500 Retro DH First build pics (picture intensive!!)

Nice bike and story..!

always wanted one of these myself BITD... remember seeing Nigel Page with one at a Nambs race and thinking it was the coolest bike id ever seen!

wish there was more Old school DH on the site like this!

orange71":16lo1te1 said:
I know next to nothing about DH. Why wasn't it particularly rated?

Somewhat surprisingly given Pace's engineering expertise and all round cleverness these had a reputation for breaking, quite regularly some would have you believe. This is only hearsay on my part having not been lucky enough to slam one of these round some woods.

The build looks great Jerky :D

Totally love it and the commitment to build without a D/H background :cool:

wish there was more Old school DH on the site like this

I quite agree .. when I first arrived I was hoping to find loads of old retro d/h steeds but not much of a following on here .... Still something to build on hey? :cool:

absolutly gorgeous, about them not being particulary rated, maybe it was because although pace had some excellent national racers, this bike did not really feature internationally?

added with the cost of the bike, must have cost a fair whack more than a World Cup winning bike, such as the LTS-DH.

Just my thoughts...

I love early DH.

perry":1bekngfi said:
stems cool :cool:

does the disc physically fit ? but makes a noise ?

i use a 185mm 5bolt with a mini and when i put it in it grated . spent a long time trying to space it to no avail . i eventually realised the spring was catching so i manipulated it so it didnt . might be worth taking the caliper out and seeing if the spring is getting in the way

a 40t ring will do you fine

Sadly nothing so simple, the discs are vastly larger than the callipers seem to fit.

Yup 40T is on the look out list.

mazdaman1980":3qi4q8ns said:
How does it ride?

I suspect in a very scary sort of fashion with no chain and brakes! You seem to have missed the fact it isnt quite finished yet :p

Cheers for all the kind comments, I wanted to get it as together as possible before everything goes on hold whilst I move house. I'll do some updates as and when I tweak & resolve the remaining issues.

If you get desperate and can estimate what size you need - Hope will pretty much make any size disc rotor. Might be easier than machining the adaptors?

Oh and whole bike looks gorgeous BTW.

Very nice indeed :cool: Again another super pace to complement to your already tasty collection. I Look forward to the seeing it completed :cool:

Nice work - I gazed at this many times in OYB.

I'm glad you got it not me ... you've done it much more justice than I ever would have.

BUT ... I've got the wheels you want (and sorry, they're not for sale)

Latest posts

Back