What paintjob for my Rascal?

Void(EN12-82)

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Allllllrighty then,

Here I am again.... as it's friday now, I'm at work and surfing the internet. Was also looking around here and found that "topique" about the KLEIN nightstorm paintjob.

Now I was thinking for some time what paintjob would be way cool for my KLEIN Rascal, since it's going to be resprayed anyway (in some time). I saw a pic (from Carsten) of a Rascal frame that was done in nightstorm and I must say it looks totally awesome! And since I found a dude that might be able to do this, maybe I should spend a bit more on the paintjob and have him do one of those? Or are there any other ideas around here of what my Rascal should become? Personally I'm in dubio about the nightstorm or just the original colours (so the black/green).

BTW: I am going to rebuild it with time-right parts, no matter what paintjob it's gonna get (so XT M732/735 parts and stuff).

So what do you guys think? (man I never thought it would be that hard to make up your mind about a paintjob). I'm open for options since it's gonna be about 2 months before the thing is gonna be painted...

Dont imitate a Klein paintjob - it wont happen. It wont look half as good.

I recomend going completely new and original or go for a simple flat colour. White would look great!

jez-2-many-bikes":26upwnm9 said:
Dont imitate a Klein paintjob - it wont happen. It wont look half as good.

I recomend going completely new and original or go for a simple flat colour. White would look great!

Yeah, white came up into mind as well. But I'm not very keen on having white stuff into the dirt. And with "new and original" I reckon you mean the green/black paintjob redone?

Well that would be ok I imagine as that would be easy to do.

I'm on about linear fades. Just havent seen one successfully redone by a non Klein sprayer thats all :(

jez-2-many-bikes":1q9x6cim said:
Well that would be ok I imagine as that would be easy to do.

I'm on about linear fades. Just havent seen one successfully redone by a non Klein sprayer thats all :(

Hmmm, I must say I never saw any redone linear fades anyway... but the dude I asked also airbrushes motor cycles and does bodypainting. From what I saw he does a pretty good job (he tought himself everything he knows). Anyway, it also depends on what the costs would be. If I'm gonna have to pay 400 euros to get that done I'm not so sure I would do it.

Up until now I always ended up wanting back the original colours to get meself a fresh new 1991 KLEIN Rascal frame :oops: :D

How about a true custom job, let your imagination run wild. If this guy you know paints custom bikes he must have the skills. Maybe a Chopper style metal flake fading from one colour to another from the front to back of the frame, or even a Chromic finish like some custon cars have! :p

Stick Legs":qvh9696u said:
How about a true custom job, let your imagination run wild. If this guy you know paints custom bikes he must have the skills. Maybe a Chopper style metal flake fading from one colour to another from the front to back of the frame, or even a Chromic finish like some custon cars have! :p

Yeah that came up to me when I was driving home... I am thinking something with the keyword "Patriot". As seen on choppers sometimes, and since KLEIN is handmade US stuff anywayz ;-)

Well, just brainstorm something about that but it would be quite nice I think. About 1/3rd off the front in bright dark metallic blue with little white stars and then white/red striped towards the back. Black KLEIN and Rascal on the right places and I think it would make a beauty!!!

Too bad I'm a retarded mouron with a descent app to design this. But the airbrush dude would be able to do that :-D

given the job kris did on the trimble, I dont see the Klein storm paint being unachieveable. carstens is certainly awesome looking paint :D

scant":3gcbmtun said:
given the job kris did on the trimble, I dont see the Klein storm paint being unachieveable. carstens is certainly awesome looking paint :D

i think Kris wanted to paint a Rascal frame in Storm for his wife. Kris, any results yet?

btw, the pink/purple/blue/black paint scheme is Storm. Night Storm is black/blue/silver

Carsten

Back