Retrobike on MTBR

i'm up for a forum tirade.........the cheeky buggers, some of us should sign up, just to see who could leave the most annoying thread :D :D

Oh dont go there Guys, the comment wasnt that bad. Anyway the last thing we need is a turf blog war with the Americans, nothing personal to the regular American's to the site. Its just who wants to have the RetroBike clogged with....."We invented mountainbiking" and all that superior fire power with "You wouldn't have cheap petrol if it wsnt for us" and "Youd all be ridding bikes without our help" and friendly fire and all.
So hey lets just be cool.

Lid":1un5tbq4 said:
Oh dont go there Guys, the comment wasnt that bad. Anyway the last thing we need is a turf blog war with the Americans, nothing personal to the regular American's to the site. Its just who wants to have the RetroBike clogged with....."We invented mountainbiking" and all that superior fire power with "You wouldn't have cheap petrol if it wsnt for us" and "Youd all be ridding bikes without our help" and friendly fire and all.
So hey lets just be cool.

Lid - Utterly agree with you - only having a laugh. And agree it wasn't even probably a derogatory comment. That's the beauty of this forum compared to so many others - a genuinely friendly, uncynical and relaxed contingent.

It's all love from me. :)

Clarity for clarity's sake

Likewise - I found it funny that we Retrobikers are viewed by someone over their side as people who only build expensive garage queens (no-one like that here, surely... :oops: ) and that we were also to be recommended as people to shift their not-so wanted bikes to...! :shock:

That's the trouble with the printed word - difficult to reach for the irony if your not that way inclined!

Now that we are all forum-paranoid to the extent we dare not have some cross pond banter - and to be trebly sure: I WAS JOKING ABOUT THE 'FORUM WAR'... repeat... JOKING! :)

Neil

I'm in the US and I think these guys are full of shite. All they do is bicker, and there's no way half of them ride their bikes as much as the RB folk.

I remember a particular episode (?) of Mint Sauce where they're all talking technical about their bikes etc and Mint strolls over and says "So do you actually *ride* your bikes then?" and I think it was Coleman who replied "Good heavens no! We just talk about them!"

much better to talk about them to other people. The alternative must be muttering about them to yourself and that looks plain stoopid. Or so I was told by the fellow pedestrians.

happy weekend all.

:)

Back