What was Your teen bike dream? Is the reality as good?

Typically enough I've just proven my point (again) :?

Theres a lovely 18" 1991 Hot for sale that i'm looking at the moment.

Oh god it never ends.

What I'm trying to get my head around is if I don't buy a spare M952 chainset or two, some more skewers taht i don't need but might one day and yet more zookas etc, then I don't have to sell my Floats or my Spinergy's or my...

I still don't quite get it.

But if you don't buy the Hot, or the next Hot or the next, then you don't have to sell the Klein or the Mtn Goat...

I think I may have got the hang of it at last.

A blue Breezer Cloud 9. Never could have afforded it then, and I still can't afford it now, not that it'll ever come up.

Wu-Tangled":mc63mxe4 said:
That's funny, I nearly posted an article I found this morning (loo reading :)) of a Mountain Goat vs a Dave Lloyd. But I forgot to bring it to work.

Please do, I'd be very interested in that, and any other Lloyd info :D

"What was Your teen bike dream?"

easy.... Elevation 12,000

"Is the reality as good?"

Sure. Quick pic:

SkyExpensionfinished.jpg

Some final touches to do, but it is pretty much done :)

Elev12K - sweet.

Messiah - will do monday. Gotta say the Lloyd doesn't benefit from it's yellow and black striped paintjob, but seem to remember it came off favourably.

Orange Vitamin T.

Bought the frame this week but it's not here yet so can't comment if it lives up to expectation...

Also: Manitou FS (LBS had one hanging from the roof for years - absolutely gorgeous) - still never ridden one.

Bike history,
First MTB Shogun TrailBreakerII, rode and raced it for 3 years.
Wanted an Orange Prestige in satin black.

Next up Dyna Tech Quantum Ti, Loved that bike and rode it, raced it for 2 1/2 years before some scrote nicked it off me.
Wanted a Pace RC200 F1 in dark grey.

Then I Joned the Merchant Navy and stopped biking all together for about 3 years, started again when I bought my Orange Clockwork in 1998 (as it was a cheap deal for a bare frame from LBS, went in to order a P7)

Then found this place and ebay about the same time!

Now I nearly own both my teenage dream bikes, a Pace RC200 F6 and a satin black Orange Clockwork. :cool:

Also have got another Dyna Tech MT4 Ti frame to build the bike that was stolen from me! :D

The bike I have owned the longest is my Dyna Tech Ti roadie, I have had that since 1993, it has done about 20000 miles and I love it dearly!

To answer the original question...

The Orange and the Pace both live up to my expectations, I am a very happy retro biker. :D :D :D

Someone also said what do you do when your dreams are fulfilled. I'll let you know when I buy myself a Porsche 911 ;)

Always wanted a Bontrager and a Dave Yates Diablo, now got both and they are as good as I expected them to be, all I need now is a Zinn :D

Stu

Nice thread :D

Always wanted a ti hardtail as a youngster, a Litespeed or Merlin was the thing. Thanks to a stint working in a bike shop was able to get a litespeed back in the day. Rode the sh*t out of it then. Still hammer it now. Fully lives up to expectation.

The Yo Eddy was something else i'd hankered after. Another great ride, genuinely impressed by it.

Klein Attitude was another. Got one finally, not ridden it yet though :?

Back