What was Your teen bike dream? Is the reality as good?

Bloody hell, what do you do when you've lived your dreams?

Live your nightmares?...

better go and start buying all the bikes you thought were sh*t as a teenager then mate. :)

Well theres not rally much else out there that will get me er..excited.

Maybe a blue Pace perhaps or even a mint Hot in that green and yellow flames.

Not sure really what else... :(

Noooooo Jez,

I told you - you're the biking barometer. What are we all to do if you have completed your 'cycle'. There must be hope or what's the point. You must come up with some others (even if it's for our sakes - think of the kids!)

It's like completeing a computer game after spending a whole summer pouring pocket money into it, you're better off not completeing it, just always nearly doing so.

Ahhh...nice to be a measure!!!

Anyway - Im sure this isnt the last of the new steeds. As those that know me (on this forum and not) I'm a complete hypocrite and never do what I say.

"Oooh look at that on ebay..." :p

mmmmmmmmm

:!: Manitou FS , my first real retro ride, just a picture of the rear end CNC work made me want this bike, brilliant bike but for its obvious traits

-------------------------------------------------------------

:!: Pace RC 100, saw it in riverside cycles window and cost them a bomb in window cleaning bills :| ,

bought one years later and Yes , brilliant If you get chance - buy one ;)

:!: Kestrel MXZ, seen by everyone on the madison catalogue and it was so superbike and out of my wallets reach.

Now the proud owner of 2 :D , still a class looking ride.

:!: Proflex 950, cycleworks had one in and it looked fab, I ended up with a 550 thinking how different could it be :? , well still hav'nt got one but I do have a 750 in the middle of a team RF-1 transformation.

So just as chuffed with that if more so when its finished.

:!: Trimble inverse, Well, it was so different with that wild paint scheme that now adorns Jez's that it was simply a must have, I actually thought I would never get one of these but hey - whadda you know.

when I get it back from Kris's, I will find out how it rides but until then I'm happy just looking at it ;)

:!: Saracen trekker (double U-brake) loved the green one in the ad, and just thought saracen were the bolx back then.

got a black one last year :)

:!: GT zaskar, (U brake version). I always wanted one of these, I thought GT lost it as soon as the U brake dissappeared from the design and started specing canti's on the rear, ball burnished aluminium and black - what a bike.

Never ever got one of these :( , had a red ano one but never really fell for it the same way.

maybe one day one will turn up.

other stuff I lusted over ➡️ dogs bolx SE, yeti ultimate, fat chance (any), kestrel Nitro.

Tara

Mine's been a story of compromises of sorts...

Always wanted an Adroit in 'Flare Red' - but got an Attitude instead.
Always wanted a green RC200 - but got a red one instead.
Always wanted a Spesh M2 but got a steel one instead.
Always wanted a black kilauea - never got one (yet)
Always wanted a Ti-Bolt - never got one (yet)
Always wanted to be a woman... Er...

That's funny, I nearly posted an article I found this morning (loo reading :)) of a Mountain Goat vs a Dave Lloyd. But I forgot to bring it to work.

Back