17lbs Lynskey Titanium Hardtail... finished

i was very very close to getting Mr Potts to make it to the point where there were numerous emails flying backwards and fwds between us but ended up going for another award winning builder ;)

Hey good to see ya giving it plenty use, and trying to keep up with teh superhumans. Big respect. Taking challenges is the win.

My advice? Ride some heavy lesser sprung SS (ideally a really hard silly gear :D ) bike for a ride or 2, ideally chase some RB XC whippits for a day, Will give ya fitness a test, and give ya extra value for money when ya get back on this. :cool: like taking steel toe cap boots off after a days work and putting ya Nike runners back on.
:cool:

haggis":10vl249g said:
i was very very close to getting Mr Potts to make it to the point where there were numerous emails flying backwards and fwds between us but ended up going for another award winning builder ;)

I think I'm going to do the same. I have my heart set on an Eriksen, though can't decide between a HT or the yeti asr rear sus bike. I'd like sterling to carry on gaining strength a bit more as well :)

There was a SS on ebay a couple of months back. If it was geared I'd have had it.

Thanks for the response Cheers! or should I say cheers Cheers!?? :)

I was looking at the 09 minute MRD absolute+ - primarily because of the weight advantage over the SID World Cups and the Durin SLs. There's very little difference weight and performance wise between the on SID WCs and SID teams from what I've been reading. Lots of discounted blue world cups around at the moment as well. I'm happy to sacrifice a few grams for reliability. Disappointed to hear about your experience of the EC90 CNT post. I was speccing that - though I've not read anything else bad about them (bar the price!). As it was nos I take it it wasn't the 09 model ?

Crell":2vmisowq said:
haggis":2vmisowq said:

I think I'm going to do the same. I have my heart set on an Eriksen, though can't decide between a HT or the yeti asr rear sus bike. I'd like sterling to carry on gaining strength a bit more as well :)

There was a SS on ebay a couple of months back. If it was geared I'd have had it.

yeah its an Eriksen HT i'm waiting on dude :D

Crell":vlm4e9oz said:
Thanks for the response Cheers! or should I say cheers Cheers!?? :)

I was looking at the 09 minute MRD absolute+ - primarily because of the weight advantage over the SID World Cups and the Durin SLs. There's very little difference weight and performance wise between the on SID WCs and SID teams from what I've been reading. Lots of discounted blue world cups around at the moment as well. I'm happy to sacrifice a few grams for reliability. Disappointed to hear about your experience of the EC90 CNT post. I was speccing that - though I've not read anything else bad about them (bar the price!). As it was nos I take it it wasn't the 09 model ?

The EC90 post I had was a 2003 31.6mm OD offset (aka setback). It was NOS and I picked it up off of ebay. I looked it up and apprently in 2003/2004/2005 Easton said it was ok for both mountain and road use. I had a 350mm length version. But in 2007 Easton changed it to road use only and only offered it in 27.2mm diameter. So... They probably figured that the offset version of the EC90 was not strong enough.

I'm very happy with my Thomson Masterpiece right now and I doubt I would ever choose another seatpost. I have tried all the lightweight variations out there... KCNC, USE Alien, Tune Starstruck, Token, etc... I find the Thomson the best out there. The USE Alien is not bad... but it requires a special head that you have to pay another 40 bucks for Carbon railed saddles. That peeved me big time on my other bike where I used a carbon rail saddle.

haggis":dl8eqjnh said:
Crell":dl8eqjnh said:
haggis":dl8eqjnh said:

yeah its an Eriksen HT i'm waiting on dude :D

That is going to be a sweet bike. I had my heart set on Kent Eriksen building a frame for me... but when Lynskey started to drop their price and the 2009 M230 design fit 99% of what I was looking for (Breezer Dropouts, shaped tubing, butted tubing) I couldn't say no to saving over 1500 USD by going with Lynskey.

Who started building Titanium mountain bikes first? Was it Litespeed (aka David and Chris Lynskey) or was it Merlin w/ Tom Kellog or was it Kent Eriksen with Moots?

not sure who was building with Ti first but i'm sure there are a few more names that could be added to that list dude. If you thought the Lynskey was a bargain then dude you should check it out now, they've knocked $600 of the price of the M230 frame. Wish they had done that a month or so ago before i put my deposit down :roll: not to worry though i'm sure i'll be happy with mine when it arrives :cool:

Nice looking bike bike Cheer's! Could you give me more details on the Dura-Ace front mech? Looking to try something similiar.Is the adaptor to make it top pull homemade?
Thanx Max

Back