East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

maybe

depends if i can get the car , discs and pads isnt a difficult or long job but itl need picking up

I can only do Wednesday and have sorted a Ticknall ride for that night if anybody else wants to come (see my earlier post) :D

sorry I can't do Thursday :(

just spotted this over at that there singletrackworld place

Re the event, we talked about it last night after the thursday ride and everyone pretty keen to get it on. ideas so far is a 4 cross knockout race for the saturday evening enternatinment and most likely to be an enduro for the sunday. Dunno if it will work, but worth a try.

its about that midlands singlespeed race i posted a few pages or so back . so could it be chicksands , hmm

whats an enduro ?

I thought I'd join Ed on his Wednesday night ride from Ticknall (6.30) together with this chappie he found at the Pines. I know Thursday looks the better weather night but never mind. If anyone else fancies this I'll be going straight from Nottingham so could meet up somewhere near Junction 24 at about 6.00 and I'll lead you in.

Perrie how about next week (Wed or Thusday) for your local loop?

rc200ti":2tlr600u said:
I thought I'd join Ed on his Wednesday night ride from Ticknall (6.30) together with this chappie he found at the Pines. I know Thursday looks the better weather night but never mind. If anyone else fancies this I'll be going straight from Nottingham so could meet up somewhere near Junction 24 at about 6.00 and I'll lead you in.

Perrie how about next week (Wed or Thusday) for your local loop?

Hmmm, Ticknall in the rain, I think i'll ponder that one for a bit (and keep an eye on theforecast) ;)

orange71":2y1g6lsv said:
could be a muddy one :D I might go for the single speed option.

the more the merrier :D

Is it easily doable singlespeed or will it be a bit of a mission. How far is it and how big are the hills??? ;)

I've done it singlespeed before. Fine if at a steady pace. There is one big (road) hill but if taken slowly can be done in the one gear. No shame in walking if not ;) I think you'd be ok, but it's always hard to judge what anybody else's view might be!! It's around 15 miles I suppose? Not sure. Rob might know better.

Thinking about it, you might want to do it geared the first time, rather than cursing me and my optimism :LOL:

Back