East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

didnt get it :( at least i got a phone call to tell me though

i also got an email from a job i applied for months ago , didnt get that either . but i was trying it on applying for a vehicle technician . i made the requirements but didnt have a comprehensive enough cv

i might start putting in blatant lies just to get interviews

good luck... I remember trying to get work in the recession of '94 (sound like a right old timer!). Finally got a job in a bike shop after 8 months of trying to get anyway. What used to annoy me the most was the 'you're over-qualified' :evil:

Sorry to hear that, Perry. Here's hoping your luck changes very soon.
If Ed thinks he's an old timer I remember the recessions from the 70's and 80's never mind the 90's.

anyone fancy riding where i ride most often ?

ill do any day so just say when/if is most convenient

easiest thing to do would be drive to the pub . dirty duck , duck Lane, woolsthorpe wharf
woolsthorpe by belvoir, grantham, NG32 1NY or go along the A607 to the roundabout at the start of the canal and theres a pub/restaurant type place there to park

nothing technical or cornery :LOL: a bit of canal from the pub , a steady uphill , bit of road leading to a downhill back to the pub . about 9 miles a lap

Screenshot2.png

really ? didnt know you were that close . shame your not primary , couldave put in a good word for the mrs

yep , has been for a long time , she has been doing sub work . was covering maternity leave but that lady had come back or something so she is now only doing 2 days a week . i miss all the cakes and things :(

Yeah, I had heard Primary jobs are hard to find at the moment.

Is anyone up for a provisional Thursday ride this week. The weather looks wet on Wednesday.

Back