Chris King

No word from Thomson yet, so King beat them in the reply stakes - ;)

but then they did say no, so... :cry:

Simon":97s9l0mi said:
...and I don't think King would want to be reliant on the tolerances of Mr Shimano for the inner interface with the crank spindle.

I would venture that anyone using King bearings would not be using anything lower than XT. IMHO Shimano's top end stuff is as well made as anything else in the alignment stakes. It would be a greater concern if the frame were not faced or a muppet assembles it.

Shimano are not perfect but in the whole rigmarole of installing components their quality control is hardly the weak link! ;)

Also, would there not be a copyright issue with any firm makiing external BB bearings to fit Shimano this soon after the big S released it?

Also, would there not be a copyright issue with any firm makiing external BB bearings to fit Shimano this soon after the big S released it?

I doubt they own the patent for any particular aspect of the bearing cups - in fact they've not got a leg to stand on with patents for HTII given Bullseye were doing it before I was a twinkle in the milkman's eye*

*This may not be true

Latest posts

Back