1993 Saracen Sahara Elite

OldFatTi":2f7tkv3r said:
Sweet story John! Get her back out on the Downs!
I certainly will!

If you want to sell the Marzocchi's let me know :)
Will do OFT, although the Marzocchis are my backup plan at the moment.

BTW the freehub will need re-greasing after the flushing with WD40, or at least re-lube it with a heavier oil (even engine oil works). I got the tools to do this and am local so don't mind lending a hand :)
:shock: Crumbs OFT, I wish I'd known that before I asked the nice man from Halfords to re-fit the cassette to the freehub... :(

otherself":790jaase said:
Look forward to seeing it built up, but man get rid of those reflector pedals!
Cheers, Otherself. Yeah, there's a bit of a story with the pedals -- basically, they're pretty knackered. I had planned on finding another pair of Tioga Surefoot IIIs to replace the originals, but I can only find with them on one website and it doesn't want to give me a price: http://www.bikeparts.com/productinfo/Ti ... 57725.html

So, I can either repair the pedals I've got or find something similar with which to replace them. :?

Well, here she is without grips, bar ends or chain -- I'm still wrestling with all of the cables, as you can see...

3625156515_23797dfb48_b.jpg

I know that it's not a top-of-the-range Saracen -- but I still love it! :cool:

Great job, she looks grand with her new lease of life!

And it's cool, if I can lend a hand just give me a shout, saves bits falling off post-Halfords ;)

Very nice mate, i had one of those until recently, only sold it because it was a bit small for me, enjoy her ;)

Cheers, Chris! Your Sahara -- was that the red one in the "Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous" thread?

I snaped a set of those forks on my very 1st XC race. I was gutted but managed to get some Mag 21's to replace. So wasnt that bad! lovin the bike! Think i very nearly had one as my 1st proper Mtb.

Snapped them? Jeez, I didn't know that could happen. :shock: Mag 21s are a good replacement tho. I'd be happy to fit them to my Sahara.

And thanks for the support! I wasn't sure that many would be interested in an old bottom-of-the-range Saracen, but I've had some really positive reactions! :)

Straight across the crown! with a bang when i hit the deck! Oooch! Its all about back in the day! My mate had a Tufftrax. awesome bikes! Loved em

Back