MM09 Sports Casuals Final Countdown Sticky as at 14th June

Status
Not open for further replies.
The final weekend before the big weekend!
It's started to sink in that I've signed up to do a 24hour race!

I'll be getting there on Friday, late I imagine, as I am relying on a notoriously unreliable friend for a lift there. He's sponsored so has to be there, but I can see our friday afternoon departure turning int a friday night rush!
Gutted I'm missing out on the Thursday night festivities, but looking forward to a few pre-race beers on Friday night!

Not feeling massively fit, but I'll give it my best shot!
I've been riding nearly every day, but only 6 miles, so I'll be good for a lap, but will probably start slowing after that!

The Pace needs some attention, but with it's new wheels from Harry Burgundy and a shorter stem from WuTangled should be race fit by next week. A pity about the rider!

Training is over for me. I had a funny turn on Thursday which has been diagnosed as being a kidney infection. I'm on strong antibiotic's so hope to be fully fit for next weekend but won't be riding until then. Still looking forward to this, nearly finished my race prep of the Raleigh too.

Well the 'Mega' had it's final shakedown today after a new BB and back wheel :evil:
Seems to be going OK apart from the squealing brakes which i MUST sort :oops:

Hopefully i'll be there Friday lunchtime(ish) - i presume we are having an 'association' sighter lap....?

Attachments

• Image003.jpg
    Image003.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 996
Okay Sports Casuals - your Captains' expect to see you check in here over the next few days with your choice of bike(s), state of health and when you'll be arriving...

Last queries - ping them here.

Capt K and Retroking

Arriving Thursday evening or Friday morning

Riding either Zaskar/Lightning RTS in reserve

State of health ... Hmmm yesterdays training ride consisted of hitting as many Donnington Ale pubs within the Cotswolds .... Done pretty well i thought :oops: :oops:

I'm in two legs (not necessarily fit) will be down probably Thurs pm with the Saracen and if I can fit it in the Proflex as well,as a query I'm still down on the official entry list with norfolk and good despite having e-mailed the organisers of the change,does this matter?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back