1992 Saracen Kili Racer

reanimation

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Well the fleet needed an E stay, I asked a mate about some bits I needed 11 months ago, he had an accident an all kinds of hiccups, I finally got to buy some bits, which were virtual donations intant direct karma'd with beer tokens. He was pretty excited about me helping tidy out and my enthusiasm for building and playing on old MTBs. So much so that I met him at a car show in May and gifted me this!

:D

MVC-004F-2.jpg

I asked if he was sure, and he was, he's had this one a while, so I said he can come riding on it when its done. everyones a winner. :cool:

So its become a kind of Gift build and leftovers build... especially cos the Rock Shox with super short steerer Sinnett gave me fit on it. :cool: :cool: There's loads of bits that are cool and fun I have collected but were not right for the other bikes. This build could be fun...

now you have got to bear in mind that I'm 6ft1 or 2 summat like that, and the magenta Raliegh is too small for me really...
MVC-005F-2.jpg

Hmm, what we are looking at is a 20.5" top tube length!
:eek: :LOL: Thats BMX sizing!

could be fun. I have a 130mm Ritchey stem for it which may be going back on, the 120 Zoom may be not enough.

MVC-007F.jpg

Anyone know about these bars, Kalin? Good, bad, or Kalloy?
I quite like em, pretty retro

There is also gear mechs for it, if i need em... :D

What I need I guess is a nice long 30.2 seat post, possible lay back, and not decided what I'm robbing for wheels yet.
Also need a headset cos its all incomplete old bits.

Oh by the way, its really heavy like a BMX too! over 6lbs.

I don't know lots about these, so comments welcome till next installment. :) :cool:

Nice free bike! Really like the look of the e-stay Saracens, especially in red. Build it up with DX... Winner!

I have one of these too, half heartedly tried to sell it but may build it up now. I shall watch your progress with interest :). You don't happen to know the seatpost size do you? I've had some random measurements. :?

a wee pic of mine

3144366104_97afe568f3_b.jpg

Its not all free, but it might aswell be with random stocks flowing just enough, wheels will need to be borrowed though or purchased.

That bigger frame would be much more sensible, I'm expecting it to be quite playful. :)

Seatpost is 30.2 I'm told I stuffed in a 30.4 Identiti post and it fit in snug.

Ah, I copy pasted the title. Wasn't sure.

Cheers

I still can't get over how short this thing is. got it stood on some make shift wheels. Pic coming up....

I got Deore LX kit with it, might not be using that. :)

MVC-008F.jpg

Doesn't really give ya an idea of size with perspective playing illusion but its 3 inches shorter! gonna be like a kids bike.

The guy who had it reminiced about doing crazy rolling endos and daft tricks on it. its gonna be that kinda bike!

Oh and this is still very much a mock up, nowhere near to ride! :D

Back