1989/1990 Kona Fire Mountain

RetroJamie

Retro Newbie
This Kona Fire Mountain I have know about from day one. Its a little complicated. It started being owned by Friend 1s dad, it never started life as a out the box standard bike. It was bought as just the frame and forks and built from there. Friend 1s dad sold it to friend 2 after a few years friend 3 (his brother) bought it. Then it was my turn, owned it for a while until I bought my cindercone then sold it to friend 4. He sort of neglected it and left it in his garden for a few months, he needed some cash so I bought it back. It has been unused for about 5 years now minimum, its kept for sentimental reasons oh the good old days!

The spec isnt anything amazing Deore LX front and rear mec, Specialized rims, offroad flexstem stem. Thats about it.

Its getting new cables soon and Im going to ride it again. I need to find a new bolt for the seat post first.

By username_in_use

By username_in_use

By username_in_use

By username_in_use

By username_in_use

By username_in_use

By username_in_use

I love the old Konas, the old ones are the best ones!!

Mint! Lol far from mint. Its gone into today for new cables and a service. Been so long since Ive been on it. Im a little bit excited if Im honest :)

RetroJamie":2qbalvol said:

Mint! Lol far from mint. Its gone into today for new cables and a service. Been so long since Ive been on it. Im a little bit excited if Im honest :)

Never a truer word said ;)

My 1990 cindercone is the best ride I have, nothing comes close to it, you have every reason to be excited :LOL:

Gravy Monster":vn9yhnrv said:
RetroJamie":vn9yhnrv said:

Never a truer word said ;)

My 1990 cindercone is the best ride I have, nothing comes close to it, you have every reason to be excited :LOL:

Im never going to off road though, dont think my body is up for it on a rigid anymore :LOL: Ive also been thinking lately how did I stop before I got disk brakes :) I think Im going to chuck a set of skinnys on it and use it for the shop runs. Semi retirement if you like :D

Back