199? Tange Prestige £35 frame build...

dirtjumper_dmr

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Here's the frame I bought in Teignmouth for £35, built into a (very) usable bike. :D

Bit of a mix of retro and modern at the mo. Plan is to 'retrofy' it as funds allow.

Thanks again to tibolt and kirbdug for the karma bits :D :D :D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 2,961
Iwasgoodonce":24pxqazl said:
You got a frame like that for £35? Why do people buy BSOs??

Looking good!

Yeah just saw it whilst walking past a bike shop on a random day out!! Didn't have a price on but I spied the Prestige sticker so went in to enquire. The guy in the shop said he couldn't shift it 'cos I hasn't got disc mounts. £35 later I was on my way home with the frame :D

A couple of the southwest RetroBike massive (as mentioned above) have been massively helpful in kitting the frame out as I'm 'between jobs' at the mo and don't have alot of cash.

What is a BSO?? :?:

Rich

Bike Shaped Object. It looks like a (dual suspension) bike but is so heavy and awful it doesn't really qualify. As seen for about £90 in car shops everywhere. Never had a disc what they like?

Iwasgoodonce":1rfrotdx said:
Bike Shaped Object. It looks like a (dual suspension) bike but is so heavy and awful it doesn't really qualify. As seen for about £90 in car shops everywhere. Never had a disc what they like?

Ah yes Bike Shaped Object, makes sense now :LOL: I noticed a pile of these in boxes in Tesco a week or two ago for £60 each!!! Utter shite.

Hmm, discs... ok but the cheapo Deore Vs I bought for this frame are pretty good even compared to my Hayes-9s on my Trailstar... But then the Trailstar weighs 36lbs so takes alot of stopping :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:cool: lovin it, very racy lookin at I take it for not much £££?

kaiser":nlrt2bja said:
:cool: lovin it, very racy lookin at I take it for not much £££?

:cool: :cool: :cool: That's the look I was going for, so mission accomplished :D

Actual cash outlay was about £100 including the frame. Had a few parts lying around and also karma stuff off the guys :D :D :D

The forks were bright yellow when I got them, so I sprayed them black with a spray can (not a bad job really :D :shock: ) Just need cut a bit iff the steerer so I don't have to have all those spacers above the stem.

Been a while since I rode a bike like this but I have to say it's ace :D

Good use of opportunity. :cool: is there meant to be a particular brand? Any more clues from the shop?

It looks like a long stretched racer from about 10 years ago, should feel a bit alien after the DMR but fast! :D

Smart one, whats the plan, just pad out the flet with a all dayer whippit?

Back