LATEX TUBES!

Am I the only 1 who thought they were shite? normal pinch flat, take the tube out & its ripped 1/3 way around the circumference. (this didnt happen with normal tubes!) . either that or the 2ply of the tubes would seperate...

I had almost the same as gump; they looked flash then failed really badly - remember going to my bike after work (cycling on road there :oops: ) and it was flat and ripped 1/2 around for no reason, other one did it the same later

however both had really irregular thickness (poor manuacture), so I think this caused it

IMHO they're not worth it as you can save 50g in tyre/rim choice and not have to worry about pumping the tyre up for every other ride!

manitou916":mg6i62xz said:
Very strange. I ran them literally every day for 5+ years an didn't have either of those problems... but then I didn't break any Cook Bros cranks either ;)

you need to come & do a few rides with me ;)

Scant - much embaressment and apologies :oops: i get confused with the avatars and see your's and gumps frequently....

my poor excuse is that i was out late last night in bristol to a gig and had to be on work on time this morning (2hrs away) so v.early start and am bit tired! sorry again... :oops:

u dont need to apologise dude ;) I thought u meant you'd had prior conversations with gump & he'd had the same problem. exploding airB tubes certainly werent a rarity, several of my friend suffered the same fate.
I'm only over the bridge from bristol, look me up for a ride sometime :)

ta new here and don't want to offend! :D
often ride in bristol/afan with a mate and his non retro P7, so sounds cool to meet - you're not in cardiff by any chance? went to unit here and some fantastic trails there (actually the only reason i chose cardiff over london! :LOL: )

Can you still buy Latex tubes then? Wouldn't mind having a set..

Of course, I'll take a butyl with me on the ride to replace it when/if it flats rather than fanny around with patches :LOL:

Back