GT Avalanche 1991?

Sheffield

Retro Guru
Bought off Rascal, then built with odd 'n' sods that I had lying around. It's a rider, but only in races and nice days around my folks in Altrincham and my area around Keswick.

I know the red and purple (handlebars) are a little ott, but didn't have any other bits.

Thanks Drystonepaul for advice on routing.

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

adjustable front dropout /flip/flop stem
89/90

this is when i first got into this nonsence lusted after one of those
still got the magazines someware
ended up with a raliegh maurauder :roll:

Cool, thanks Mikee. It was a guess at the age as a chap at Hallam Uni ruled on one of these back in the day and he thought it was bought arounf 91/2 new. God know why they bothered with flipflop and adjustable dropout; my nose would be on the front wheel if I flipped the stem!

Anybody whereabouts this sat in the range? It's made of Prestige. I imagine near the top, as I don't think the Zaskar was about.

my bro had one of these, upgraded to it from a maurauder ;) not sure where it came in the range - top few tho eh?
think he sold it to a mate who snapped it hopping off his garage roof!

--

that would be the 1991 model. i had the 92, which had slightly different paintjob, had the 'groove tube' and was made from GTX/temper tubing

the 91 is in whats called daktari white... i think

Attachments

• pbpic2848655[1].jpg
    pbpic2848655[1].jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,747
  • pbpic2848668[1].jpg
    pbpic2848668[1].jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,746
  • pbpic2848695[1].jpg
    pbpic2848695[1].jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,746
Deffo a 1991. The catalogue is available in the 'Gallery and Archive' section, and the Avalanche was near the top end of the range at the time.

love these paint jobs, i had a timberline in the same white/black crackle colours, complete with 500lx set-awesome!

Back