Early Muddyfox Lovers Anonynmous

Oops I did it again! :D
foxy003.jpg

Seeker Mega 500LX Araya etc. Very original (bout time I bought a full bike!)
:cool:
Tis a bit small for me, but will fit np ;), a few ideas for it, but right now I need it hidden! :LOL: Came with a few free spiders which spent the night with me.
Would like a Large (ideally in Pink) if anyone finds one. :)

:?: The frame doesn't have a "hand made" sticker like my Sorcerer Meg, instead it has one of those "Made in Taiwan" Welding doesn't look quite as nice as the Sorcerer but still same tube parts ??? I think it was the next one down in the range. I'm reckoning the frame is poss heavier and not as butted etc

Mudy Fox Courier

Alas, some non-original parts (well quite a few as they wore out over time and fashion trends changed), but it has had one owner from new (me!).

Can provide more details if need be. I don't ride it now (the headset is beginning to seize and I live in fear of the frame collapsing under me), but I'll never part with it.

IMG_2277.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

jameshurrel, how many gears is the bike meant to have? I have two cogs on the front and seven on the back, for some reason it doesn't like me using all seven of the gears. I think my slightly bent front sprockets don't help :S

nice bike by the way :) I use my Courier daily, I love it. Gets a few looks at the traffic lights

TW85":3s1enscp said:
jameshurrel, how many gears is the bike meant to have? I have two cogs on the front and seven on the back, for some reason it doesn't like me using all seven of the gears. I think my slightly bent front sprockets don't help :S

nice bike by the way :) I use my Courier daily, I love it. Gets a few looks at the traffic lights

Hi TW58, on the original SunTour equipment it had 18 gears, 3 front and 6 rear. I think originally the front chainrings were 28 - 38 - 48. However, over time I've replaced the middle and inner chainrings on the front due to really excessive wear (I rode it a LOT!). They are now 26 and 38.

On the rear, I've got a Shimano 7 speed cassette, but it definitely only had a SunTour 6 speed originally.

When time permits I'd like to get it working again - wouldn't take too much, just a bit of TLC..!

EDIT: just looked at your bike - I think it must be a more recent version of mine

Cheers for the info. There's only two chain rings on mine, how strange, they guy before me must have taken one out

Someone told me that mine was an '87, and the ones with the yellow stickers are the first ones from '86? Something like that I think anyway

Get it sorted man! I can't believe how strong and nice a ride it is for a 20+year old bike, it's my favourite bike I've ever had

1988 or there abouts zebra effect paint jobby Muddy Fox Courier with Tange ATB scaffolding - 16" of pure laid back slack anglenessness

Attachments

• Courier.jpg
    Courier.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 8,140
I've got an Orange Adventurer (Suntour 7 speed, Araya rims etc) with a frame number P9397297. How can I find out what year it is? I can't find a link to a catalogue, anybody got a scan of it?

Cheers

Mike

Hello everyone,

This forum looks cool !

I would like to show you my bike, a Muddyfox Courier which I bought in October
1987 near Paris.
Now, after about 17 years of forced rest in my parents' garage, I am very proud
to use it again weekly !
It is not clean -there is some mud dating from 1992 on the frame- and sorry
about that plain baby seat bracket on the frame. And funny how the handles
became melt and sticky.

cijcFuTqPg.jpg