Feedback
View
It's alive damn you! ALIVE!!!

[ Vincent Price ] HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! [ Vincent Price ]

Attachments

• Frankenstein.jpg
    Frankenstein.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 3,072
That is cool. Looks like you've adhered to the true ethos of singlespeeding - use what you've got lying about in the garage.

Did you get horizontal dropouts in the end - it looks like not.

rutteger gets it in one! Looked at a spare cyclocross fork and thought " I wonder what the tyre clearance is like with the brake mounts ground off?
Next revalation ( I strongly urge singlespeeders to buy one of these ) was the Eno rear wheel. Plush and LUSH!
That 8" Hayes HFX is a little " terse " though. Can't wait to bodge on a pair of RC31 mounts for the Vs when I can find them!

Elev12k,
oh you're DUTCH! I was staring at your comment for ages trying to figure out what you were on about, now I understand. I would have figured it out sooner had I not been gifted with an IQ that makes Homer Simpson appear errudite and witty.
Cheers dude!

Yes, I am.

..but of course also wish England all the best at the worlds :p

That Orange is my favourite colour for a Bonty ...and that has nothing to do with were I come from.

As you can tell, it's a " what's in the shed/what can be angle-ground to make work " effort. I'm currently after a pair of P2s that I'm gonna spray exactly the same orange. That, along with the silver components, will make it look sooooooo back-in-the-day agreeable.
Ultimately, I've a " Bontyesque " plan to make a 440mm fork from...
RC35 or 36 crown
some old titanium tubing for a steerer
shimmed RC31 mounts
some fresh 28.6 Reynolds 531 tubing and
a friendly frame builder.

Could be a giggle.

nice idea on the forks - I'm imaging the fork legs tapering like the old bonty forks rather than straight like RC30s? Could be very cool I've some Bonty crowned Mag 21s which I've been thinking about doing the same but it seemed too pricey fro the for the building part...have fun

Cheers t,
you know, there nowt like having engineers for mates who'll open up your horizons to the possibilities of lateral thinking. As a back up, I'm getting some Pace V mounts for the alu fork anyway. Oh the joy of bodging!

Back