Cove + Litespeed

a.davis12

Old School Hero
neither are retro, but i like them.
Nothing except the groupset, which has been ceramified and fybrelited, is stock on the litespeed anymore.
Cove was built up as an uber commuter, frame came from an ebay complete and cost me -$140:D, im playing with the idea of putting a road cassette and SS X9 on it.
I would love to build up a retro bike, but id feel bad riding it and i dont have the cash.

Attachments

• P1010010 (Medium).JPG
    P1010010 (Medium).JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 2,309
  • P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 2,308
Nice rides, I don't know owt about road bikes but thats tasty. the Cove is specially stealth, ready for anything by the look of it, albeit with a set of knoblies. :cool: nice

IMO a retro can be a simple and inexpensive machine, and there comes the fun and nostalgia in riding it. Granted I have spent more on mine than i planned but my latest is made from leftovers and gifts! should make a fun ride.

Go for it :cool:

Ah! :LOL: really?! I'm going back 18 years to reunite with my old skool bikes, some here are playing on pre war klunkers though they are not that old themselves.

Well sweet rides for a young dude :cool: :cool: :eek: If you can build those, something more historical would be easy enough, you've just got to want it. :)

Thanks. I've got an orange P7 coming my way, which im going to think about retroing.

and the cove isnt that stealth.
it has red hubs:D
and the Pace RC31s have red ano bolts to hold on the carbon caps, which matches the red adjuster barrels on the CRs:p

Attachments

• P4070016 (Medium).JPG
    P4070016 (Medium).JPG
    88 KB · Views: 2,273
Like the Cove, red bits on there look good on the black

A sensible, tough retro ride like the P7 is a good choice...not too fragile to use on a regular basis :D

the cove is going geared, just for the hell of it.
Sram X9 1 x 9. (42 x 12-26)

CIMG4894.jpg

CIMG4897.jpg

That's some big gearing for off road

I'd personally be going 34 or 36 up front

bike is not for off road as it is.
when i have time to go offroading i will probably get a proper mtb or change the gearing on the cove.

Back