Voodoo Bizango 2009

Moqi

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I was so pleased with the feel of the steel frame on my Kona Firemountain, after years of riding aluminium hardtails that I decided to go for a new fangled steel hardtail. The Voodoo frame came up cheapish and the original plan was to use the parts off my Orange EVO 2 on the build. Plans went awry, the credit card appeared and eventually the only things used off the Orange in the end were the front and rear derailleur and stem cap. The Rebas came off my Commencal Supernormal (now sold) I already had a spare XT cassette and white magnesium pedals and carbon bars. It's not 100% finished as I'm awaiting some white bar end caps.
I'm particular pleased with the wheels - Bontrager X lite I picked up of ebay for a third of new list price. A NOS stock pair of Z-Max WCS are currently on there. I've also got a NOS set of Cream wildgrippers thanks to the folks on here- unfortunately they seem to weigh a ton compared to the Z-Max's

It's pretty light 25 1/2 pounds - same as my Cannondale scalpel.
Just need to lose some weight myself!

Attachments

• Voodoo3.jpg
    Voodoo3.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 5,633
  • voodoo2.32[01].jpg
    voodoo2.32[01].jpg
    170 KB · Views: 5,632
  • voodoo1.jpg
    voodoo1.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 5,633
Thats very nice. good recipe, decent weight, I'm fancying summat like this. You'll have to give us some riding reports. :cool:

White grips

Damaged my hand and if I don't use comfort type grips Trigger Thumb flares up which is extremely painful.

Ergon supposed to do some white grips - unfortunately no one has them in stock. Told by one retailer none available from importers :cry:

Yur, i like this. How does it ride? thinking of getting one and seeing one built up as nice as yours really makes me :)

Voodoo Bizango

Thanks for all the praise. Unfortunately I haven't ridden it much. I've been off sick from work with some problems and have had a pretty rotten time.

The bike is very lively and outright zingy. I'm in 2 minds about the wheels. They are very light (1500 gms) as are the tyres. Its great for acceleration and lifting the wheels, but they don't give the most reassuring ride, flexing noticeably. Sometimes the bike doesn't seem to know what direction it's going in and feels pretty twitchy.

When things are better here I will swop the wheels for something a bit stiffer.

I'd definitely recommend the frame - the wheels are another matter.

Back