custom charges aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggg

the thing is they left no card stating that i owe any customs charges when i was charged the other week the postie left a card saying sorry we were unable to deliver your item as there is a custooms charge

^^^ My postie usually doesn't even take the packages with him - just leaves a card so i've got to collect from the depot.

I've had a problem like yours with Parcelforce before. No card, nothing. First thing I knew of their 'attempted delivery' was checking the tracking number. I'd been in all day too. Basically they're full of shit.
You'll have to find out which depot they've taken it to and arrange to have it re-delivered, or pick it up (and take all the ID you can carry!). It doesn't neccessarily mean they're going to charge you customs taxes.

just checked parcel force yep its there Awaiting payment of charges why is it so much trouble to leave a bloody card

in need of some advice guys got a invoice from parcel force for the custom charge on my forks £29.46 picked them up on friday payed the moneys.i,ve just checked my bank account and they have taken £41.74 out can any one shed some light on this till i phone them tomorrow.

All big companies are robbing bar-stewards...? :?

Sorry, no acual helpful advice there, but I hope you get it sorted. I don't see why we should pay tax on 15yr-old parts either, but that's the government for you...

It all depends on the carrier as they sometimes charge an admin fee to cover taxes. I usually read this as 'we'll charge you the tax, and then if we get asked for it, we'll pay it. Otherwise it's going in our pocket'

Fed Ex seems to be the worst for it followed by UPS. Mostly they ignore values listed on the box and go with an estimate of value based on weight. So by that reckoning it'll cost more to import a Raleigh mustang frame than a Merlin XLM (and strangely it did happen when I imported a Ti stem and a steel one - more duty on the steel despite it being a fifth of the value!)

phoned parcel force about the over charging now what they tolled me was did you have them delivered on saturday because there is a £12 charge i replyed no i picked them up friday.right ok we have charged you for saturdays delivery can you fax us your bank statement so we can verify that the statement is correct. so i asked havent you the information there as i payed with my bank card.NO WE HAVE NOT what sort of set up is that i have to do the leg work to get my money back.

I bet they would charge you £12 if they had to do the legwork for you though, kinda like an admin fee :LOL:

Back