Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Hi guy's, this is my terratrax that i bought as a frame and handsome dog fork combo off chrisv40 (ta mate). Finished it off at the weekend and have been out for a ride and have to say, i love it. Was almost going down the bankrupt frame route until this turned up. I just love the look off these bike's with the thin tube's and the sloping toptube. It is built with a new fsa headsset, black LX deore wheel's, canti's and lever's and rear mech and is set up as a 1x7 speed which is just about all i would ever need and has a black deore chainset and alloy 42t ring. Put new set of onza porc's on it but thinking of changing them for some slick's as i only really ride on road and cycle route's. Hope you like!! Cheer's Dave. :D

Attachments

• my saracen.jpg
    my saracen.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 2,035
brocklanders023":yd9kd9e4 said:
Quite a few on here have bought frames off that ebay chap and the general opinion seems to be that they're decent frames at a good price. ;)

Indeed, you can't go wrong with £19.99 BIN for a new Tange db frame. I'd be aware that the 17" currently available on his ebay store are seriously stubby; 36.5cm cntr of bottom bracket to cntr of top tube. I feel I'm going to get "wally on a woman's bike" comments when I build mine up, lol.

I've glued all the parts of the 1992 Saracen catalogue together that I was sent and made one PDF.

It's here on my server and isn't going anywhere (I'm not gonna be removing it anytime soon).

The file is LARGE (21mb) so be warned....the quality is as good as the original images though....enjoy :D

http://www.pooterland.com/retromtb/1992_E-Stays.pdf

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
someone scan and send me the 1991 Catalogue...its an itch I cannot scratch (PM me for my email address)

Neill

Hiya

Im trying to find specs and pics of a 98 or 99 Saracen Dirtrax

It was Sliver Alu 7005 with Purple RST Front Folks , Tioga Tires. Alivio Chainset , Rapidfire shifters and V Brakes which i think were Tektros.

Missed that bike :p

Currently have a Kona Cider Cone 09 stock with a Strada Wireless on it.

Thanks

And while this nice kind person is at it could they send me the 91 catalogue as well TA. ;) ps neill you;re a star :LOL: :LOL:

I had a 1991 Saracen Conquest Hydrotec - Like the frame on page 14. It was a redish orange colour with box tubing and elevated chainstays. It came with Maguras and I think, DX components. I t also had triple clamp forks. I have some video of me doing some trials on it somewhere.

It wouldn't have come originally with the triple clamps It would have had rigid saracen specials .Pah 91 suspension was for girlies,real men had their teeth shaken out ;) :LOL:

MikeWarner":16qfsohy said:
I had a 1991 Saracen Conquest Hydrotec - Like the frame on page 14. It was a redish orange colour with box tubing

Could it have been later than '91? The '91 Conquest was silver and had 1st generation (?) Marzocchi forks >>>

Attachments

• saracen-conquest-competition-hydrotech_1991.jpg
    saracen-conquest-competition-hydrotech_1991.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 2,508
Back