build finished..fat city slim chance new pics pg.2

slim chance

hey ya'll, it is not finished yet as i am waiting for cranks and brakes to arrive from the post person, and hopefully source an actual mavic stem and bar. i am yet to build the wheels as i want different rims and am unsure of exactly what to use. here are some pics anyways. i should be finished by the beginning of july if all goes well with customs and shipping. cheers, hope you like it!

Attachments

• Picture 006 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 006 (Medium).jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 2,496
  • Picture 008 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 008 (Medium).jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 2,496
  • Picture 009 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 009 (Medium).jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 2,496
Well its been a fun week Mavic wise.

I rec'd my modern Mavic SSC brakes. Very slick. Dual pivot, black with yellow Mavic logo. Picked 'em up cheap too. I couldn't afford these full price.

I rec'd my Mavic cassette. Mavic M-10 Cassettes are supposed to come with spacers for 8,9, and 10 speeds. Mine was used and only came with 9 speed spacers. I'll need Mavic 8 speed spacers eventually...

I rec'd my 130mm Mavic stem. It was cracked from the pinch bolt all the way out to to the edge of the clamp. Very scary. eBay seller refunded money and paid for return shipping. Still looking for 130mm (or longer) 1" Mavic stem.

I rec'd a Mavic 501 36h front hub. Its new old stock . Very nice. I was bummed to see in how many places it had been bashed around from shop wear. Never laced though. I need the 36 drill, 32h are ubiquitous on eBay. Buttery smooth. I've never held a Phil Wood, but I doubt its smoother.

I rec'd my Mavic 821 8-Speed indexing levers. Still new in plastic wrap on Mavic cards. Very cool!

I rec'd a Mavic 840 Derailleur. I had won a Mavic 841 medium cage derailleur. Very strange. It also was missing the Mavic pulleys instead having Tacx pulleys. Was able to get money back.

Still looking for:

Mavic Bars (46cm or wider)
Mavic Stem (130mm or longer)
Mavic tape
Mavic 36h rear cassette hub (126mm, 128mm, or 130mm)
Mavic cassettes (for wider gearing options to customize cassette)
Mavic 7/8 speed chain (can anyone corroborate that this was made?)
Mavic 180mm Crank (crankset or just arms, double or triple)
Mavic seatpost 27.2 (will take any Mavic seatpost at this point)

Building a 'tout Mavic' bike is hard!

Sweet sweet sweet steed Mr juiceboxxx!!

And that "spare" fork you have lying around...? Sell it to me? Pleeeeeease? x :)

OldFatTi":2v34cw0b said:
Sweet sweet sweet steed Mr juiceboxxx!!

And that "spare" fork you have lying around...? Sell it to me? Pleeeeeease? x :)

i am glad you like the slim. the fork in the back is the old lady's. she would be hard pressed to sell as she needs it for her yo that is being fixed up. cheers, jesse

wifeys bikes

she has a rocky titanium, a brodie climbmax, rocky element, lemond zurich, and a fillet brazed p-22 ritchey in red white and blue fade as well. she has nicer bikes than i. not to mention her carbon race only bikes for nrc and world cups.!

Mavic parts

Hi, I have a set of mavic hubs. The front has skewers the rear doesn't . I also have a front and rear derailleur / mech. I would happily swap some of them for a 27.2 mavic seatpost. :)

slim chance

hey ya'll. here it is finished.....for now

Attachments

• Picture 020 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 020 (Medium).jpg
    173 KB · Views: 2,245
  • Picture 021 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 021 (Medium).jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 2,244
  • Picture 022 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 022 (Medium).jpg
    165 KB · Views: 2,245