BoTM June 2009 - Team Bikes

Can't take credit for the BoTM choice, good to have something different though.

Raymond_mole":rh8ptr6h said:
This is a current thread isn't it?

The title would suggest other wise.

Mods please remove if wrong or updated.

Cheers

D

Er :?:

It said 2008, John ;)

Took a while for someone discovered it, but fortunately we have Raymond

Elev12k":2286ascr said:
It said 2008, John ;)

Took a while for someone discovered it, but fortunataly we have Raymond

:LOL: thank goodness for Raymond!

My Merlin Mountain was originally the race bike of a Graham Warby, it was bought by myself from his father and what follows is what I was told at the time of purchase

It was bought for his son Graham at the age of 15 in 1993 when he showed promise as an XC rider. It was raced with some success and the Royce stickers show who his sponsor were. Apparently the small number sticker on the top tube were from an early world championship, not sure which one though.

It was updated in 2002 for Graham to resume his racing career, but was superceded by a carbon Scott. I did have the originally fitted Pace RC30's, but I prefer the SIDS it now sports since its refurb

I do not personally know Graham Warby, but from google it seems he still races in the masters series and maybe someone on here may know him. If so please let him know his bike is in good hands and well looked after, also how obviously proud his dad was too, albeit a bit sad to see the bike go

Cheers
Rich

Attachments

• Merlin 001.JPG
    Merlin 001.JPG
    183 KB · Views: 1,510
Yep, I remember Graham doing very well in the Junior category in 1991...think he came 10th at Malverns that year...he used to ride a Trek 8500..same bike as mine BITD...

Nice Merlin by the way :)

Thanks for the reply Rich, got me quite interested in this chap now and would be nice to know what level he achieved

Cheers
Rich

Back