steve peat's wharncliffe weekender 4/5 july

Well I popped down. Got quite a few strange looks aimed towards my Raleigh. Got drenched on the way home.

was that you with the rc35 forks saw you stood near the dual track,my daughter was filming everyone on the dual track with my mobile phone-i seem to have lots of video of grass and empty track

my peugeot team line(grisley) was back on the bike rack at this point along witha good section of wharncliffe mud

had a good ride with my youngest daughter on the fun ride till she hit a big rock and went over the bars,the nice ambulance man gave her an ice pack for her leg and that perked her up abit
at various times during the day she ate-bacon+sos sandwhich,portion of chips,chilli+chips,jumbo hot dog,chocolate dutch pancake thing,ham and cheese pancake thing anf then had a ginsters pasty on the way home and not an ounce of fat on her!!!!!

we left just after it had started raining and before and when we got home ther was a message saying we had won a prize in the raffle(got to phone up to find out what it is)
tony

just found out won a cooking course at the milestone(trendy gastro-pub in sheffield)
may learn to cook somthing else but spag bol or chilli

tshzg":254cyoc8 said:
was that you with the rc35 forks saw you stood near the dual track,

Yeah that was me. If I had known what you looked like and thought you were still there (I didn't get there till 5ish) I would have said hello. I was watching the dual thinking if only I was brave/stupid/skilled enough I would have a go on my Raleigh.

I stood around for a bit hoping the trials may have been on whilst I was there, but no such luck. I love trials - I remember the days of Kikstart, and watching Dougie Lampkin at the arena, etc.

I rode up through wharncliffe on a bridleway I wasn't familiar with - I didn't realise it was 7 miles up hill!

Back