Manuals wanted

mikepday

Retro Newbie
Anyone have a 2000/2001 Pace RC-38 Airforce 1 or 11 service manual they could scan and email?

Bout time I serviced mine again and cant be a***d to pay Pace to do it! or wait for them to return them.

Also any tips on fine tuning would be good as I tend to bottom out mine on reasonably un-harsh ground and just putting more and more air in them seems to not cure it.

Cheers, Mike.

mikepday":edfc12bu said:
Anyone have a 2000/2001 Pace RC-38 Airforce 1 or 11 service manual they could scan and email?

Bout time I serviced mine again and cant be a***d to pay Pace to do it! or wait for them to return them.

Also any tips on fine tuning would be good as I tend to bottom out mine on reasonably un-harsh ground and just putting more and more air in them seems to not cure it.

Cheers, Mike.

I have a Hollowform (RC31, RC36, RC3:cool: Owners Manual here with me now in PDF format...is this any good chap?

P.S You can fit harder springs to these.

Neill

Hi neilll,

I have the hollowform parts page and manual in PDF from the Pace website for the 2004 and beyond forks, but I have the earlier non hollowform type fork so I'm not sure if this is the same, I'd love to fit springs but the RC 38 is the Air sprung fork so it might be a little more tricky than that! :D .

Cheers for the reply though.

Mike.

PS if you know for a cert. its the same design then that would help.

mikepday":drbjyxir said:
Hi neilll,

I have the hollowform parts page and manual in PDF from the Pace website for the 2004 and beyond forks, but I have the earlier non hollowform type fork so I'm not sure if this is the same, I'd love to fit springs but the RC 38 is the Air sprung fork so it might be a little more tricky than that! :D .

Cheers for the reply though.

Mike.

PS if you know for a cert. its the same design then that would help.

PM Justbackdated on here, he is an Ex-Pace service engineer and does work on all the old forks, alternatively he can also supply parts. He rebuilt my RC36 Pro Class not long ago, fitted a heavier duty spring, fully rebuilt them and replaced all the seals....they are as good as they were in '97 when I first bought them now :D

Thanks I'll give him a try,

Just read thru your list of things you need.....in 1991 I had a Funk Procomp..... was my first true superbike , it weighed 20.5 lbs with a pair of RC30's on it and had Nuke proof hubs, the first set of Middleburn RS 1's in the north east and everything else I could think of to make it as light as poss (Suntour XC pro Microdrive....it was bad, but light)....Oh and it had everything in blue anodised.....just when everyone was all purple, I though I was soooooo cool, except when I baled off the top of a quarry near Penshaw monument between Durham and Sunderland and dropped 30 feet to the deck cracking the head tube in the process, It never rode the same after that even when I had it repaired.

It was almost a relief when some light fingered B****rd nicked it along with my mates bikes from our student digs. Then I got a '92 Procomp with the Funk (manitou internals) Fork and magura hs33 race lites in lumo yellow with XTR M900 and a prototype Nuke proof Suspension fork hub (still got that!). It just wasn't the same tho so I got my Bontrager - still got that and still ride it like theres no tomorrow.

I'll try and find a photo and post it.

OK here it is.

but with a few caveats!

A- please forgive the fact I am chuffed to bits - I've just built a Funk, my first Funk, a dream bike!
B- this was nearly 19 years ago- I didn't look good then! you can only imagine the current incarnation.

However It was a VERY good bike..... It climbed like a mountain goat on steroids, a real one, not a tubular one (although they weren't bad too) and very forgiving for an Ally frame, probably due to the incredibly light Hyperlites which could be almost seen to flex on the Catterick downhill course!

Hope you don't laugh too much!

Mike :? ;)

OK I appear to have cocked up.... and now is when I appear really daft, how do i resize a scanned photo to fit on here? (on a mac)

sorry! Mike :oops:

right here goes... apologies as before but also now for the grainy photo I struggled like hell to get it below 256kb from the original colour photo.

Sorry it took so long, I'll keep trying to see if I can up the quality.

Mike.

Attachments

• Funk.jpg
    Funk.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 609
Back