East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

rc200ti":2xrjk51m said:
what year was the first 1/8 ahead

Stand to be corrected by virtually everybody but I'd say '93 they went from 1" to 1 1/8", could be '92. Ask Al

I bet it's about then. The one on the ebay could be 91/92. It's not 1990 as it would have splatter paint like mine!

From about 1996 onwards the geometry will take 80mm of suspension at the front as well so that may be worth considering...

And you could always go ali ;) like the Scots :roll:

id consider anything 14-18 :LOL: they all have long enough top tubes and seattube length is less of a concern for me

ive seen the catalogue for that pink hannah and its a 91 . 90-95 would suit me fine . wont be using suspenders , its cheating and if i wanted to cheat id just use the blue dmr

so far i have cranks . tyres and ive just remembered i got some magnesium pedals then forgot about them

a friend is considering selling a fire mountain frame. its a 96 and wont be ebay prices. if he sells i'll give you a shout.

There is a 95ish Explosif for sale at the Pines for £140, singlespeeded up (It belongs to my friend who bought the DMR!). It's been resprayed but it's got some ok kit on it...

that sounds interesting , tell me more . whats the colour ? , bear in mind im a complete colour snob ( says he who has a brushed dulux frame and cleans it with a scourer )

i got a phone call earlier about an interview for one of them job things tomorrow . i wonder how quickly i could make £140 appear . doesnt need a nitrous oxide kit does he ? :LOL:

perry":2iyeg0al said:
that sounds interesting , tell me more . whats the colour ? , bear in mind im a complete colour snob ( says he who has a brushed dulux frame and cleans it with a scourer )

i got a phone call earlier about an interview for one of them job things tomorrow . i wonder how quickly i could make £140 appear . doesnt need a nitrous oxide kit does he ? :LOL:

It's gold with red Kona lettering. It's running a Project 2 fork, XTR V's, Avid levers, basic Truvative crank, red DMR pedals, red raceface stem, raceface bars, Use titanium seatpost, XT and Parralax wheels (original i think) and a set of Onza Porcs. Singlespeed with Gusset tensioner. It's running 32:18 at the mo (like I do) which sound like it would have been spot on for Dalby.

It's an old pic, different crans and pedals...but there you go!

It's a sweet bike and I almost bought it...still want it!

I'm 90% sure it's an explosif cos of the tapered/fluted down tube but you can never be sure.

Her is a a picture of it from about a year ago...

Attachments

• kona1.jpg
    kona1.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 630
If you bought it and were stripping it first dibs on the XTR V's and the wheels!!!

He might strip it himself and just do the frame....

Vulture, me? :LOL:

Back