199? RALEIGH

Nice find, a cool bike. Agree with what those before have said, a Montage from 1989/90.

Same colour as my 1989 Elix, and the graphics are very similar. I agree with the dates above as 89/90.

1990 Montage for sure :cool:, I had a Mirage same year in purple with same design decals, this was the new exciting range for raleigh :LOL: and the 1st year of 1 1/8th headsets

this is a truly great bike, totally indestructible, whilst me and my best mate were swanning around on a rockhopper comp and a saracen tufftrax my other mate steadfastly stuck to his raleigh and kept up with us always. One bonfire night in a misspent youth we even put bangers(fireworks) down the seat-tube to much hystrionicsto try and blow it up la terrorist stylee and the bike still survived. My mate also took his montare all the way around wales cyle touring aged 15

i realy do love this thing... went out again yesterday and gave it a thrash.. its gotta be one of the most used retro bikes for getting some offroad action... it gets it everyday lol

Back