SSUK09 aftermath

Great to hear that everyone had such a top time, we were really, really lucky with the weather by all accounts.

Memories for me, such that they are, include:
- leaving Manchester in the pouring rain to sounds of "The Sun Isn't Going to Shine Anymore" and wishing I was inside in the warm
- for some reason going into Leeds
- Neil and I setting up the tent like we were taking part in 'It's a Knockout' although thankfully without comedy feet. Neil played the joker.
- surprising Neil that his gear of choice was actually 42x19 not 39x19. The foolishness of hios actions won him a Chris King related prize though so who is laughing now.
- the pre-ride filled me with dread even before I saw those slabs of rock. I therefore decided to "stick it to The Man" and ride the family trail during the race
- sitting warmly round the chiminea with a cigar, sipping top quality liquor and listening to pithy banter
- Helen Mirren
- fury at lack of jappery going on, heading out to the BMX track on foot to be stopped and interrogated by a chap who claimed to be in the Army. But what was he doing in the middle of a closed forest at 2 a.m.? And what did do Neil to "scare his girlfriend"?
- breakfast of bacon bap, bratwurst roll, pork pie eaten off my race number with Polish lager and Red Bull to restore equilibrium
- start was scheduled for 11 a.m. but totally failed in my attempt to get Retrobike colleagues to "stick it to The Man" and start when we wanted. Or not
- feeling as sick as a pike at the start. I have not had such negative anticipation since I was called to see Mr. Penney in the 5th Form.
- hating everything on Lap 1, not only taking the "gayers" rather than the "hard men" route choice but walking as well
- welcome can of warm Stella
- enjoying Lap 2 as the field very stretched out and I could mince round in solitude
- great prize giving ceremony, in particular the highly inappropriate Haribo plus Coke eat off for a frame
- waking myself up by snoring in the car on the way home

As before, a top event particularly noticeable for the lack of barging through "podium rider on the right" guff. Oh yeah, if Mr K thinks I was cheating then he's not as good at spotting and taking advantage of the 'racing line' as I am and should stop whinging like a loser. Which he was.

The fear is starting to rise for MM as I type……...

was there any official photography? or indeed who were all the people snapping on the course.

Did I not tell you- I managed to combine a fun weekend away with the lads with a photoshoot for Mens health and GQ, Didn't get paid as much as usual but the pictures do look great. Watch the newstands ;)

:LOL:

i expect it was singletrack mag photosoulstealers

when not falling off or walking i was riding like a god so i suspect when they go through the film they will be getting in contact about putting me on the olympic team :LOL:

Quite a lot more pics on Flickr, I've saw a few of Cab, me, Gazz and one of Jamie.

see if this works

Attachments

• 3613192293_af2d0f05a1.jpg
    3613192293_af2d0f05a1.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,727
  • 3613320741_72f9f6d891.jpg
    3613320741_72f9f6d891.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,727
  • 3614261958_edd5aa9386.jpg
    3614261958_edd5aa9386.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,727
Back