Work bikes

Oops, forgot to post up my new work bike...

393463166_3ed137c1af_o.jpg

my '88 Longstaff built by George L. himself.

No pics at the moment - it's dirty, the shame of having a dirty bike :cry:

Anyway 'tis a Terry Dolan built Cougar frame currently dressed in a mix of 10speed Dura Ace and Ultegra, the ubiquitous Flite Ti sat atop a USE Alien. Once cleaned it will be rebuilt with lots of new Deda (bars and stem), even more Dura Ace, some nice kevlar cable outers (which will match the carbon fibre effect paint job of the rear triangle), and some nice new tyres (Michelin Pro2). :LOL:

That assumes I get 5 minutes peace and quiet sometime

Agency,
that WASN'T p*rn!

If you would like it to be p*rn insert the following before the message body

[read in the style=marks&sparkstellyadverts]

then this bit after the message body

[/marks&sparkstellyadvert]

;)

My Simoncini daily rider

I bought this as a frame off ebay whilst I was drunk one night, I am not too sure of the age but the rear brake bridge is set up for cantilevers so definitely retro. A real mishmash of parts, including a stronglight speedlight road crank (it may be blasphemous but it's gorgeous and light), cheap thumbshifter for my five gears and grey P2's. I know the chain is too tight but I shifted from my blue anodised 42 tooth ring to a 44 tooth to get a bit more speed out of her on the London flatness, the gears still change so I am happy :)

Sadly :( as I am heading back to New Zealand it is being sold. If I was staying (or had the finances to send her home) it would be getting new cables and covers and a nice light wheelset. Both these items were recycled from my old Raleigh firefly. It would be nice to see her in some better clothes.

Fortunately my 1995 double buted steel framed diamondback is still going strong (at least according to the guy I lent it to two years ago) back in Wellington, so I shall not be retroless upon my return.

Attachments

• moore and simoncini.JPG
    moore and simoncini.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 14,508
Back