Yo! I'm new here and thought i'd show my project!

thedirtyroger

Retro Guru
I keep on getting my bikes nicked :twisted: it's driving me nuts!

So i've started getting on with a project i've had for a long time.

It's an old Falcon racer, 5 Speed, 27" wheels, shimano groupset and to be honest its rubbish.

So i've stripped it down and i'm re-building it:

dscn1218.jpg

It was red but i've painted it black. I took off the racer handle bars and have just ordered a new stem from Velocycle and some flat handlebars.

I've got a new chain on the way and will eventually get a leather Charge saddle and new seatpost.

Well at least no one will nick this.

I hope!! ;)

hi mate

i am in the same boat , bought a nice new 09 gt avalanche and got stolen a week later not insured either which sucks, then got given a dawes giro 400 road bike , which was a bit difficult to get use to at first but now i really enjoy it , looks like a nice project you there .

prob the only reply you will get i put a im new post 40 people viwed noone said hi...lol

shawn

Hi, You got a nice project going there! Are those Michelin World Tours? I have just got them in for my project and I was wondering what you think of them. I hope this one does not get stolen!!

Nice falcon

Hello dirty roger
Nice looking project, any idea of its age?
Keep the updates coming.
Welcome to the site, you too mk21600. We are a friendly bunch and its unusual for no one to at least welcome you. I would have replied but I have only just arrived home from SSUK 09. I will go and have a look at the Dawes in your thread as I spotted one at a clearing sale up here, it looked a late 70's early 80's model. Unfortunately I had to leave before it was auctioned. It had no reserve either.

Cheers
Jamie

Thanks for the welcome!

It probably will still be desirable to tea leaves but i got my self a new kryptonite lock and will hope for the best.

Has anybody had experience with 27" wheels. There are not options for tyres available! Do you know if you can put 700c wheels of the frame?

Back