I'm a sick, sick man: Trek 7000 1990 - ish

You need one of those little cable-houseing-stops-at-the-derailleur adaptors that Trek used to use on their bikes in the early 90s. That noodle looks kind of scary. :shock:

I dig the tires though! :shock: :LOL: :shock:

gibbleking":1tht5mu6 said:
does this mean i can put my green tyres back on then without being ridiculed?

Only if you have a near-worthless (sorry big Cheese!) bonded Trek aluminum frame with green graphics that match the tires. Still a no-no on that lovely San Andreas. :LOL:

ahahaha fwiw...the green tyres are chopped up so i would never feel the urge to put them back on :p

utahdog2003":18fildje said:
gibbleking":18fildje said:
does this mean i can put my green tyres back on then without being ridiculed?

Only if you have a near-worthless (sorry big Cheese!) bonded Trek aluminum frame with green graphics that match the tires. Still a no-no on that lovely San Andreas. :LOL:

now be nice - this is an Easton very nicely put together frame, no glue. Just a couple of bolts for the rear cable stop/ bridge

Yes, I don't want anyone dissing these early Trek Alu's. We bought 2 new ones in blue with yellow decals in Aug '91. Swapped DX push-push STI for thumbies after a year or so of chain suck probs. Raced them, took them to Marin County, Moab, Vail etc over next few yrs. Been commuting on them since 2000. Both still going strong although I've just noticed some corrosion under the paint on the forks of one.
Anyway, I think they ride great, light but not harsh like early oversize alu.
If anyone has one of these "worthless" frames I'll take it off your hands!

Back