Work bikes

Wow, there are some absolute beauties on this site, and this is just the workbike thread :\

I'm stuck with one bike (central london space constraints) so this is my workbike at the moment, and I'm trying to work out whether to change it.

setimentality > me

This Scott Elite Racing was in a very sorry state when I bought it off my mate - he was knocked off it by a very aggressive motorist and it sat in his basement for over 18 months! It's since become my fast road hack / bitza with the old wheels off my Enduro and various bits from the workshop & eBay. The XT shifter / 105 mech combo works a treat on the 12-23 cassette, the cable discs are pretty puny and the fork is an alloy 700C with a no-doubt pointless DT Swiss sticker!

n586536170_3147396_7845832.jpg

This little beast is my girlfriend's Vitus 787 - it's slightly over-braked(!) but boy does it fly! It's since had a longer stem fitted plus gold chainring bolts and a 105 mech.

n586536170_2872637_2715865.jpg

hmm - I like this thread, but most of the bikes seem a bit too posh.
let me redress the balance with something more plebeian:

main.php

heres mine.... 80's raleigh. heavy as ya like. but soooo comfortable. and supprisingly quick... had around 30 snakebellies laying around so thought i could bung a couple on here :)

Picture551.jpg

Turning the Hardrock into a Turbo Trainer bike. It's too heavy for the hills around here.

I'm building this road warrior instead :D

3611479692_d1e590904e_b.jpg

Back