95 Kona Kula help needed no longer needed, now 96 Lava Dome!

Wow I can't belive you live in Hove and you have the frame I was talking about.

I would love to buy that frame off you one day!!

Have you got another old skool Kona you use? If not build it and get some biscuit coloured tyres on it asap.

I might investigate getting the Kula repaired and resprayed but from the sounds of it, it might not be worth it.

Make it look like this!! Original!!

p1010062b.jpg

[/quote]
The repaired frame is a 94, the first year the Kula was made. It's made of Easton Varilite ProGram. The 95 was a violent ice green colour and made of Easton Elan, while the 96 was a kind of mustard/gold colour and made of Easton ProGram Elite. All good tubesets, but advances were still being made at a rapid pace in aluminium tubesets at that time, so I would say the quality of the 96 frames was slightly higher than the 94.

[/quote]

a 96 Kula it is then, I do think they were the best colour golden yellow and blue

kula.jpg

Monkeeee01":2nso98cp said:

p1010062b.jpg

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!
Now there's one Kona (apart from a HeiHei) I'd really like to own..

TBH I never noticed how bad that weld was when I saw your Kula frame - if you're gonna go the whole hog and get one of them resprayed I'd do the Lava Dome, as the Kula does look a touch dodgy on the weld, and no amount of paint will fix that.

Alternatively buy the guy above's Kula and sell the others on eBay again :twisted:

Monkeeee01":wgu33l8q said:
Oh well if it really is un fixable at least I have just bought this Lava Dome on ebay for a good price.

I was planning on using it till the Kula was sorted but maybe I should just focus all my energy on the Lava dome and say farewell to my dreams of an 95/96 Kula :( (till another one appears on ebay) :D

Need to remove the mud guards, get some new peddles, remove the bar ends and the reflectors and it will look at lot better!

Then I am going to upgrade the group set to XTR and get new bars/stem a pair of v brake crossmax etc.

Not sure if I will ever get some front suspension on there or not?

272757431o.jpg

Outbid :(

banjaxt":jisggo50 said:
Monkeeee01":jisggo50 said:

p1010062b.jpg

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!
Now there's one Kona (apart from a HeiHei) I'd really like to own..

TBH I never noticed how bad that weld was when I saw your Kula frame - if you're gonna go the whole hog and get one of them resprayed I'd do the Lava Dome, as the Kula does look a touch dodgy on the weld, and no amount of paint will fix that.

Alternatively buy the guy above's Kula and sell the others on eBay again :twisted:

I wouldn't get the Lava dome resprayed, it is in my opinon one of the nicest colour schemes Kona have ever done and its a steel frame and ultimatly I want an aluminum frame again one day.

wadsy":2bm8tbtm said:
Monkeeee01":2bm8tbtm said:
Oh well if it really is un fixable at least I have just bought this Lava Dome on ebay for a good price.

I was planning on using it till the Kula was sorted but maybe I should just focus all my energy on the Lava dome and say farewell to my dreams of an 95/96 Kula :( (till another one appears on ebay) :D

Need to remove the mud guards, get some new peddles, remove the bar ends and the reflectors and it will look at lot better!

Then I am going to upgrade the group set to XTR and get new bars/stem a pair of v brake crossmax etc.

272757431o.jpg

Sorry but I had to have it!!!!

Monkeeee01":z3j4ky37 said:
wadsy":z3j4ky37 said:
Monkeeee01":z3j4ky37 said:

272757431o.jpg

Yes, looks nice, I wasn't aware how much they go for. The hunt continues :) Know of anything else similar? Explosif, Cinder cone, etc etc

wadsy":1gfk0biy said:
Monkeeee01":1gfk0biy said:
wadsy":1gfk0biy said:
Monkeeee01":1gfk0biy said:

272757431o.jpg

Yes, looks nice, I wasn't aware how much they go for. The hunt continues :) Know of anything else similar? Explosif, Cinder cone, etc etc

Just seen this neauty on ebay but its in Germany

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0349012983

btc70ywwkkgrhgohd8ejlll.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Monkeeee01":wn0keeas said:
wadsy":wn0keeas said:
wadsy":wn0keeas said:

272757431o.jpg

Just seen this neauty on ebay but its in Germany

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0349012983

btc70ywwkkgrhgohd8ejlll.jpg

Nice, but that seems expensive, no?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back