Show us your cars

RetroJamie - Loving the E30! :) I have a touring 325i in white which is mechanically great, but she would need a fair bit of cosmetic work to make her look as sweet as yours. Fancy a project? ;)

OldFatTi. Cheers its nearly there. Its nice round your way, my bros ex inlaws live down there

BarneyRubble":1785wvll said:
RetroJamie - Loving the E30! :) I have a touring 325i in white which is mechanically great, but she would need a fair bit of cosmetic work to make her look as sweet as yours. Fancy a project? ;)

A project!! Oh no I have plenty of those already thanks. The old E30s mechanically will go on forever mine has covered nearly 230k. It the dreaded tin worm that ruins them.

The repaint on mine started when I removed the kit to have it painted due to stone chips from the high mileage. The bottoms of the wings didnt look good and I wasnt happy with a bit of rust on the doors so I replaced them. The actually shell is almost rot free. The places to look first before you go ahead with any work is the skuttle panel, (under windscreen in each corner) the sunroof, roof, rear arches (outer), jacking points, sills, rear panel under bumper and last but not least the inner arches to check you need to remove the boot carpet. Its all a case of weighing up to decide if its worth spending the money on it, bodywork repairs do get very expensive.

If its that bad maybe try and track down a replacement shell? And put your mechanics in it? Dont know if you have been on this site but its a fountain of info. www.e30zone.net

Cheers Jamie

Hello all,

susan here i am a great fan of this place, i am here to say hi to all, i would like to make new friends so hope to make some here.

Cheers!!!

Heres my 48mpg speed rocket! She sounds a bit lumpy (when at a stand still) at the mo but has seemingly got quicker (DMF)? Only wished i'd gone for the estate! Not enough room for the bikes! She's a quick one. Anyone guess what she lapped at? I know the cost! Scrubed two fronts (Goodyear F1's) and nearly shot a set of pads! ups :oops: made up for it by getting t~#ted somewhere nr Spa!

;)

Attachments

• IMG_0365.JPG
    IMG_0365.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 1,183
  • IMG_0364.JPG
    IMG_0364.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,183
these are mine a the moment:

100_1591.jpg

n751562914_1871591_5405.jpg

old cars:
1981 Datsun Stanza SSS (as close as OZ got to the Violet GT, but still missing by a long way)
1982 Mazdas RX7, go the Rotor, loved that car
1991 Subaru Liberty RS (or legacy GT depending where you are) 0-100 in 5 sec
1998 Daewoo Nubira wagon... hahahhahaha hmmm
1988 Holden Commadore wagon, well it was reliable, and rubbish
1996 Toyota Starlet, twin exhaust for an extra 0.5hp, well it was the GF's car and you could fit anything in it, I was amazed :shock:

Ok, here it goes. This is my daily driver now. A 1999 Subaru Legacy 2.5 Touringwagon. It is a decent car, that has enough power for daily driving and my frequent trips to Italy. Best of all, I can take my bike inside, without removing wheels and still have my son on the back seat!
dscn2650.jpg

My past cars (in order of appearance):
- 1972 Chrysler Valiant
- 1981 BMW 323i
- 1968 Chevrolet Chevelle Coupe
- 1989 Chevy Van G30 Diesel
- 1992 Nissan 200SX (S13)
- 1968 Chevrolet Caprice Stationwagon
- 1965 Imperial Crown
- 1966 Chevrolet Chevelle Coupe
- 1996 Lancia Delta HPE
- 1972 Pontiac Grand Safari
- 1998 Mazda 626 Sedan
- 1992 Jaguar XJ 3.2
- 1998 Opel Omega MV6 Stationwagon
- 1988 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Wagon

Awkward Kid":33j5vyzn said:
Heres my 48mpg speed rocket! She sounds a bit lumpy (when at a stand still) at the mo but has seemingly got quicker (DMF)? Only wished i'd gone for the estate! Not enough room for the bikes! She's a quick one. Anyone guess what she lapped at? I know the cost! Scrubed two fronts (Goodyear F1's) and nearly shot a set of pads! ups :oops: made up for it by getting t~#ted somewhere nr Spa!

;)

lapped as in nurburgring? 11 mins?

Latest posts

Back