Chris King

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I have just asked Chris King to please make a seat clamp/ collar.

Don't you think that'd be a seller?

I'm sure a lot of people with a King H/S would buy a collar to match. I would.

I thought it would make sense to make Hollowtech II external bearing units too in all the same colours, with KING KING KING round them, but I thought I'd leave that request for another time :)

No chance, but wouldn't it be nice.

the bottom bracket idea makes sence to me given their bearing experience. although it'll take 10yrs (of testing) before you'd be able to buy 1.... & by then BBs will be totally different... again! maybe thats why they still havent released a BB yet.

maybe thomson an ideal candidate for seat colar?

I think they figured out early on thet ISIS was potentially a great idea, but wasn't workable and perhaps even foresaw Canondale/ Shimano's re-invention of the external jobbie and pretended to not quite have made one yet even though they were associated with the ISIS movement.

Anyway, I'll let you know if they write back saying "what a brilliant idea and so easy to make...expect them soon.

Yes, Chris King stated a long time ago that they were working with a number of other firms on designing the perfect BB. This was whilst everyone was running square taper. They then dragged it out for a long time, before going very quiet. I suspect they jumped on the ISIS bandwagon, realised it was going to ruin their reputation, and kept the whole thing very quiet.

Some King HTII BB cups would be really good, but in honesty the Phil Wood bearing upgrade does the job with less pimp, and I don't think King would want to be reliant on the tolerances of Mr Shimano for the inner interface with the crank spindle.

well I just got a reply and they have added my suggestion to their suggestion box (I like to think that's not the bin) and say their product development people look in there from time to time. She said they'd had this request quite a lot.

So I asked about the HTII bearing cups and tomorrow I will be able to announce that that will be added to the product suggestion box (ahem) too.

I want to replace all my bearings with MagLev - how cool would that be? Could be a problem with the flying lead connected to the nearest pylon while I ride though...

Simon":sgjhzp40 said:
Yes, Chris King stated a long time ago that they were working with a number of other firms on designing the perfect BB. This was whilst everyone was running square taper. They then dragged it out for a long time, before going very quiet. I suspect they jumped on the ISIS bandwagon, realised it was going to ruin their reputation, and kept the whole thing very quiet.

Some King HTII BB cups would be really good, but in honesty the Phil Wood bearing upgrade does the job with less pimp, and I don't think King would want to be reliant on the tolerances of Mr Shimano for the inner interface with the crank spindle.

Correct, they wanted to make a International standard drive for BB's, but when ISIS came, what they wanted, they noticed I guess (what you said) it wasn't what they wanted.
The quit the project.
I think you can still find info on the CK site.

Back