Bristol BikeFest

wow, what a day, race started in rain but it dried out through the day. Trails went from muddy to claggy to dry (in the open), really good course as always, conditions made some bits interesting ie sketchy as heck, just about everyone either stacked or had massive moments in places. Cleaned about 5 kgs of mud off my bike today.

Results are outhttp://www.timelaps.co.uk/assets/uploads/EventReport.aspx?eventID=65AshtonCourt06/06/2009

Good ride from Heathy and Alwayshorizontal, 15th in pairs, I pulled in 13th in Solo with 14 laps, my knees hurt a lot now :?

What a strange day.

Started off with very thin mud getting everywhere.

Then as riders ploughed on, the mud turned very sticky and gloopy

Then it got pushed to the sides by the volume of riders and a dry race line developed on much of the course

And the much touted 30mm of rain during the day never happened!

Yep, was a cracker as allways, could have done with out the rain and mud, but at least it wasn't as bad as previous Mountain mayhems.
Good effort again Birdman, what happened to superstrong in the end, were they a no show :?:
Thanks to Gravymonster for the heckling on route, and chat at the finish line. Guybe, sorry i didn't get chance to speak.
Next time we will only be doing this in a team of 4 ;)

I wish I was riding there, was my first time to the event which looked well organised, a super course and great moving scenary ;) I am gunna do next year for sure.

Sorry I made you jump Heathy but you did say shout abuse a couple of posts back on this thread :LOL: :LOL: l:LOL:

Well done chaps and good results all round :cool:

That's o.k James, at least i stayed on the bike, on my last lap i happened to glance to my right, just past where you guys were standing, and i saw this mini steam train chugging along. I couldn't belive my eye's and then fell off. Also on another lap, when i finished some chump crashed straight into me as i was pulling into the transition area,knocked me to the floor.
Still, got to see the funny side :LOL:

Looked for Guybe but couldnt see him :(

Did my laps,bloomin ekk it was gloopy :LOL:

Well done to all Retrobikers who entered,Birdman thats a great result in solo mate,our lad did 15 laps and came in 14th iirc ,i was with Cheesyriders :cool:

I was there on Saturday afternoon for a few hours and was all over the place, saw both Heathy and Gravy Monster, sorry andy.l I didnt catch you, I was hoping to see your Merida, was Agency_Scum there too?

It was good event and the weather stayed dry that afternoon but plenty mud on bikes and riders :LOL: Great effort to the ones got involved.

Heathy, you are a pro after racing HONC, set2rise, Bristol bike fest, what other races do you have lined up this year?

Didnt take the Merida mate,was riding an ibis

Agency_Scum was there yes mate,he was our mechanic,nic was there also

;)

guybe":34mgnefd said:
I was there on Saturday afternoon for a few hours and was all over the place, saw both Heathy and Gravy Monster, sorry andy.l I didnt catch you, I was hoping to see your Merida, was Agency_Scum there too?

It was good event and the weather stayed dry that afternoon but plenty mud on bikes and riders :LOL: Great effort to the ones got involved.

Heathy, you are a pro after racing HONC, set2rise, Bristol bike fest, what other races do you have lined up this year?

Hardly mate, far far from ever being a pro, i just do it for fun although sometimes when i'm out there i ask myself "why" :?
Mayhem is next then 24/12 possible SITS and cheddar. Thats it till the spam winter challenge in Jan.

Back